HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Arival is committed to producing a successful, productive, and, above all, safe event for all attendees, Arival staff and hotel staff. We are establishing an on-site preparedness plan to allow each attendee to feel as safe as possible and reduce the possibility of COVID transmission. We continue to review our measures and may adjust these measures up until and even during the event. Decisions will be based on recommendations from the United States Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC), the California Department of Public Health and other health authorities.
In order to adhere to the recent directive from the California Department of Public Health for events with more than 500 attendees, the following will be required:
- Vaccination or Negative Test: All attendees will be required to have proof of full vaccine or a negative antigen test within 24 hours or a PCR test within 48 hours of the event start, and present proof of vaccine or test results along with a photo ID for entry. The Arival team are all vaccinated and boosted. We strongly encourage all of our attendees to get vaccinated and boosted too!
- Masks indoors: Attendees must wear a mask at all times while indoors unless you are eating or drinking. Eating and drinking will be limited to designated areas. We will be distributing KF94 FDA approved masks to anyone who doesn’t have one. This is the best way we all can work together to limit exposure. FDA-approved KF94 Masks are highly regarded as one of the most important safety factors we provide. We will be requesting that you wear one of these KF94 masks, and rotate them each day.
In addition, we are planning the following:
- Distancing: We will allow for distancing wherever possible, including: in the main session hall, breakout rooms, the networking lounge, and at meals, including by using outdoor venues where possible. (Bring layers and warm clothes, including a hat and gloves! Typical night-time temperatures in San Diego will be in the low 50’s.)
- Meals: an outside dining area will be an option for lunch and coffee breaks, weather permitting, and times staggered to reduce the number of people at each table. Additionally, grab-and-go lunches will be offered for those who would prefer not to eat communally (or need to check email!).
- Our venue: Our team has been working with the Town and Country Resort to put in place additional safety measures. The Town and Country has an updated ventilation system. We will also have windows open for airflow where appropriate.
We have designated staff members to monitor our implementation of the preparedness plan and to serve as the on-site contact in the event of COVID concerns among participants.
We will continue to review guidelines from health authorities and may adjust these protocols.
Should you decide to test after arriving in San Diego, here a few options:
Should you need a test for return (antigen only) this company allows you to order a kit and test in your hotel room
We ask for your help to make Arival as safe as possible
We need your assistance to help make our conference as terrific and safe as possible for all of our attendees and staff. Please observe these practices both at the conference, as well as when you are on your own in San Diego.
- Wear a mask while indoors at all times (required by law)
- Wash hands regularly
- Observe social distancing as much as possible
- Support one another and be considerate of your fellow attendees
Important: Do not attend if you are sick or symptomatic, or if you have been recently exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
If any of the following are or become applicable to You at any time within 14 days before the beginning of the Arival Event, You agree to notify Arival promptly and You will not be permitted to attend.
- You test positive for COVID-19;
- You are alerted that you were exposed to a person who tested positive for COVID-19 and You are requested to self-quarantine for a period of time;
- You have any recognized symptoms of COVID-19, flu, or any other communicable disease, whether or not You have been tested.
By registering for the Event You are confirming that You will abide by the safety measures that Arival puts into place. Failure to abide by the safety measures may result in the cancellation of Your registration with no refund.
Arival reserves the right to set the safety measures at its sole discretion.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By attending Arival, you voluntarily assume all risks and agree to hold harmless, release and indemnify Arival and the venue for any and all liability related to exposure to Covid-19 including serious health ailments and death