Arival seeks a Bookkeeper as a key member of our initiative to support the In-destination Experiences sector of the global travel industry.
The Bookkeeper reports to the Vice President of Operations and is responsible for all bookkeeping requirements for the company. We are seeking a proactive, energetic and resourceful team player that loves to work with numbers and people. This position will work with accounts payable and accounts receivable and be expected to communicate with vendors, clients, and our internal departments. You should be professional and courteous with the ability to multi-task. The right candidate has strong computer skills, understanding of accounting practices and procedures, extremely detail oriented, flexible and nimble, and analytical in nature, and demonstrates ethical behavior and discretion in the workplace.
Responsibilities will include these key areas:
Management of accounts receivable including preparing /issuing client invoices, tracking payments and coordinating collections, and reconciling credit card transactions.
Cash Account management
Manage USD and international account reconciliations
Management of accounts payable and vendor payment records in multiple currencies
Process payroll with outside payroll company, including new employee & contractor onboarding to payroll system, compilation and maintenance of payroll documentation and processing for employees and contractors, preparing 1099’s and 1096’s, setting up state tax accounts as needed, and managing benefits payments and tracking.
Prepare monthly financial statements, including profit and loss statements, income/expense reports, Event P/L and other reports as required
Monitor bookkeeping for accuracy and completeness and resolve any bookkeeping discrepancies.
Reconcile monthly banking, credit card, and other statements, research discrepancies and chargebacks
Reconcile credit cards to event registration system
Process employee expense approvals, import to QB and reconcile with credit card statements
Ensure correct tax reporting and payment, issuing of 1099’s and compiling other documentation as required by CPA for annual tax preparation as required
Assist with event/project/show accounting and preparation of settlement reports, final client reports, etc.
Track invoicing and payment of event vendors (food, artists, venues, collateral, etc.)
Track invoicing and collection of event sponsors
Manage verification of event deposits and prepare event sales deposits as required
Processing event staff time sheets and payroll in coordination with Event Managers
Assist with the preparation and review of the annual budget, cash flow tracking and periodic reforecasts
Monitor entries for correctness, make JE’s as required for corrections, and reconcile any discrepancies
Assist in other miscellaneous finance functions when needed
What are we looking for (a.k.a. skills and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years’ bookkeeping experience in midsized companies, with moderately complex needs
- Thorough understanding of QuickBooks Desktop required. This individual will maintain the companies QB account files and provide all data entry.
- Clear understanding of GAAP and experience with a business that requires deferred revenue and expense tracking, as well as utilization of classes
- Experience working with foreign currency transactions. Experience with VAT a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both internally and with customers and vendors
- Displays strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical capabilities
- Quick learner who can retain a lot of information and apply it to their day to day
- Must complete a background check
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload on multiple projects & events simultaneously while remaining deadline oriented
- Willingness to hustle and do whatever it takes to get stuff done, but…
- Must subscribe to our mission and core values
- Willingness to experiment and try new things and adapt in a fast-changing startup environment is an absolute must
- Successfully able perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment typical of a growth stage company
- Willingness to work additional hours during the run up to and aftermath of events as needed
What else you should know:
- Arival was founded in 2017. We are a startup, growing the company thoughtfully and profitably. We are based in Boulder, CO, and Atlanta, GA. We prefer someone in Boulder, CO for this role, but will consider virtual for the right candidate.
- We are building a great company based on transparency, integrity, inclusiveness and fun. We are a small but passionate team. No politics, no comfort zones. Great people, a ton of fun, fair compensation commensurate with experience, and opportunity to join something rewarding and help build the world’s most engaged and important brand for the in-destination industry.
- Interested? Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Arival is an equal opportunity employer. And we don’t just say it. We believe it. Read about our mission and values here.
- Please note: Due to the volume of resumes we are receiving for this position, we will only be able to reply to our top candidates.