Associate Director – Distribution Partnerships
What we do is important
In an increasingly digital world, there is a desperate need to augment our human experience by getting us to interact with the real world around us and the people in it. At Headout, our mission is to be the easiest, fastest, and the most delightful way to head out to our next real-life experience. We do this by running a managed marketplace to the world’s most exceptional real-life experiences — from immersive tours to museums to live events and everything in between.
We’ve got scale, fast growth, and solid fundamentals
Headout has served tens of millions of guests from 196 countries on one of our experiences across 70+ cities in 9 languages. Today, we’ve sales in 100s of millions of $s a year and have grown 4x+ in ’22. Contrary to the norm, we deliver this scale and growth while being profitable. We raised $42M in ’22 and have a decade+ runway enabling us to think truly long term.
Now is the right time
While we have a fast-growing business, we are still very early in our journey with a large upside to capture and have a team that is small enough for you to have an indelible outsized impact on our journey. We are not too early, we are not too late.
Every place has its own beat and we are no different. We are not the right place for everybody but we are the right place for a certain group of people. Read more about it here.
We are looking for our Associate Director Distribution Partnerships. Reporting directly to the Vice President – Growth & Strategy, you will be in charge of the design and execution of a strategy to make distribution partnerships a central channel of Headout’s growth. Through your existing networks and by making new connections, you are also expected to become one of the faces of Headout in the travel industry.
What makes this role special?
- Build. We need an architect. From solid technical and commercial foundations to some of your most innovative ideas for design, features and business models- Everything distribution partnerships at Headout will have your signature on it.
- Drive. Build senior relationships and leverage your existing network for the benefit of the company and your team, being the face and the voice of Headout within industry forums.
- Lead. Once you’re ready to start the engine, surround yourself with a strong team that you will build, train and coach, and leverage our local markets teams to take our value proposition across the globe as fast as possible
- Own. Be the strategist for Headout’s rise into a leading player in the distribution of the most amazing things to do, ideating the most creative ways to formulate and negotiate strategic growth partnerships, that have the potential to move the needle and make a real business-critical impact
- Collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build the distribution business
What skills & experience do you need?
- You are a leader. You have 3+ years of people management experience. You know how to create a trust environment by providing ongoing constructive, actionable feedback for your team and fostering an open climate for communication.
- You solve problems from the first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You’re accountable – You want to lead the outcome and positively shape our most important metrics. You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re relentless. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in marketplaces, travel, events and all things experiential.
- You really understand the market’s pulse.
At Headout, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and the community at large. Headout provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. During the interview process, if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact the recruiter assigned to your application or email us at [email protected].
Please note that once you apply for this job profile your personal data will be retained for a period of one (1) year. Headout shall process this data for recruitment purposes only. Once the relevant job profile is filled or once the time period of one (1) year from the date of the job application has passed, whichever is later, Headout shall either delete your data or inform you that it shall keep it in its database for future roles. In compliance with the relevant privacy laws, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted. If you have any concerns or questions about the way Headout handle your data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer for more information.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.