Employment type: Full-time, salaried position
Location: Remote, within 4 hours of MST preferred
or willingness to work concurrent hours, but all considered
Arival is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial organizer to join us as Community Manager, focused on building and leading a vibrant new community of in-destination industry members. As a B2B startup, we have a unique opportunity to create community in an industry that has lacked global connection, through meaningful, ongoing interactions with our customers. As Community Manager, your job will be to build, engage, support and inspire new and existing audiences in a way that creates connection both between Arival and our members and between members themselves.
The right candidate has a passion for people, cultures, travel and connecting. Skill sets in social media, content, and communications will be important, and you should be comfortable wearing multiple hats from strategist to writer/content creator to customer support.
- Passionate about people and cultures, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong proficiency in written English. Additional languages and global experience highly desirable.
- Passion for the in-destination industry, the “Best Part of Travel,” is a plus.
- Globally-minded with fluency in cross-cultural situations and comfort engaging with people from all walks of life.
- Self motivated, highly organized, technically savvy and a strong problem solver.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in roles related to community building, community management, content creation/copywriting, social media management or related role(s).
- Ability to think strategically about our customers and our business. Sales experience is a plus.
- Ability to think analytically and manage budgets and KPIs.
- Ability to think creatively and maintain consistency in branding.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a couple of thoughts telling us about a time when you launched and managed a successful new initiative. What challenges did you face? What were the secrets to your success? (300-400 words) Feel free to draw an example from your personal, professional, educational or extra-curricular experience.