Airbnb launched Experiences in late 2016 to much fanfare as part of a grand mission to reinvent travel. The launch took the travel industry by storm, as the company unveiled a cinematic vision of unique, intimate, and often quite unusual experiences with locals that could only be found on Airbnb.
Four years on, Airbnb has grown Experiences from 500 listings to nearly 41,000 across more than 90 countries. The impact on the travel industry has been profound, yet the implications for the future of Airbnb’s business are less well understood.
Who Should Buy This Report
This report is intended for the travel industry and Airbnb analysts, organizations seeking competitive insights on Airbnb’s business, and tour and activity operators who want insights into Airbnb’s Experiences’ division.
Why Buy This Report
Airbnb Experiences could play a major role in the future of Airbnb’s business and for the tours, activities, and attractions sector. In this report, you will learn about the following:
- The size and structure of Airbnb Experiences
- Key trends by region and Experience category
- The structure of the Experience host community
- What drives the Experiences business
- Key weaknesses and challenges facing the business
- Key dynamics of successful Experience listings