The Experience Revolution: Global Market Sizing, Forecasting, and Trends
The in-destination industry – creators and sellers of activities, tours, and attractions – has been undergoing enormous change. The digital revolution that has transformed most of travel has now swept through travel’s third-largest sector.
Published: April 2020
Research Type: Report
Pages: 41 Pages
This report costs $29 to download, click the below button to be directed to the payment form.
In 2020, the global public health crisis of COVID-19 has brought travel – and the growth of this industry – to a screeching halt. Now more than ever, our industry needs insights to understand our marketplace and where it’s headed.
Based on a survey of 7,000 operators, hundreds of interviews and the most expansive data collection and analysis ever undertaken for our industry, this first in a series of reports from Arival’s Experience Revolution presents key findings essential for every operator, sellers and interested player and observer in travel’s third-largest and most dynamic sector.
Welcome to the Experience Revolution: Arival’s Global Operator Landscape.
What you will get in this report:
- The size of the global market in 2019 with forecasting models for 2020 and the recovery through 2023
- Overview of the structure of the marketplace, the impact of the current crisis and what it means for operators
- The state of online sales and where it’s headed
- The impact of online travel agencies and their role in a post-COVID environment
- The state of online marketing among operators
- The key issues facing ticketed attractions amid travel’s recovery
- The role of responsible tourism practices among operators worldwide
- Insights on key business drivers and motivations for operators and insights on how distributors, technology providers, and other vendors can support operators
The Experience Revolution: Arival’s Global Operator Landscape is available for $29.
CEO & Co-founder
Douglas has held various roles in marketing, media and research, most recently as Senior Vice President, Research, at Phocuswright, the leading travel industry research firm. He designed and led numerous seminal studies while at Phocuswright, including on Tours, Activities & Attractions, and lead programming for the Phocuswright Conference.
Prior to joining Arival, she worked as a market research consultant with a focus on the ski industry and economic development in mountain communities. As a lead analyst, she has developed projects that focus on product development, revenue management, strategic planning and market specific targeting decisions within the travel industry.