The vast majority of operators, 90%, are implementing a range of new policies and procedures for increased safety for staff and guests. The Arival Reopening Survey, based on results from nearly 300 responses to Arival’s ongoing Coronavirus Pulse survey, reflect the wide-ranging efforts tour, activity and attraction operators are undertaking to resume operations amid the severe financial impact of the pandemic on the in-destination industry.
Arival, the global research authority on tours, activities, and attractions, has been regularly surveying operators since mid-March to gauge the COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on their business.
The Arival Reopening Survey, part of the ongoing Arival Coronavirus Pulse, measures the following:
- The state of reopening and when operators plan to restart
- The health and safety procedures mandated local authorities
- The additional procedures operators are implementing
- Steps operators are taking on all of their operations, including changes to products, marketing and sales
- Operator plans for rehiring staff
- How operators are communicating their health and safety procedures to their customers and industry partners
- Operator satisfaction with health and safety guidance from local authorities
- The resources operators are using to develop their reopening plans
Arival conducted its Reopening Survey between May 15 and June 15, 2020, to track the state of reopening among tour, activity and attraction operators and the steps they are taking to address health and safety concerns around COVID-19.
The survey was fielded with the help of the following partners: bookingkit, Checkfront, FareHarbor, GetYourGuide, GlobalTix, Groupon, Leisure Pass, Local Food Adventures, Peek, Rezgo, Tourpreneur, Trekksoft, US Travel’s National Council of Attractions & Experiences, and Walks.
The complete Reopening Survey results are free to download. Get your copy now.