What’s New at Arival in Orlando 2019
An inside look at the new programs and features at Arival in Orlando 2019.
Arival, the event for creators and sellers of tours, activities and attractions, is now in its third year, and we’ve added several new elements for better networking, more content for advanced learning opportunities, and new ways to connect with like-minded operators.
Here’s what’s new at Arival Orlando 2019:
Pre-Arival Registration & Networking Day: The Arival Networking Lounge opens at 10am on Monday Oct. 28, a day before the main program begins. This provides attendees with a full day for networking, meetings, and connecting with distributors, tech companies, marketing agencies and other service providers exhibiting.
Pre-Arival Workshops on Technology & Distribution: On the afternoon of Monday, Oct. 28, we are offering two introductory workshops:
- An Introduction to Travel Tech & Distribution: If you need to brush up on online travel terminology or get an overview of the reseller landscape, this is for you, as Arival Theater and Workshop programs delve deep into topics on digital, distribution, marketing and growth.
- How to Choose Your Booking Tech: If you’ve come to Orlando to look for tech, this signature Arival workshop will give you a framework for evaluating the many technology companies you will meet over the next three days.
Both of these workshops will be held back to back, starting at 3:30pm. You can read more about them on our detailed agenda.
Arival for First Timers is a new session we are launching, also on Monday afternoon, to help small operators and first-time attendees get the most out of their time at Arival. We have a lot of things going on and we want to walk you through all of it so you get to things most important to you. This session is scheduled for 2pm on Monday, Oct. 28.
Specialty Spaces. This year Arival is featuring new networking spaces dedicated to specific topics, such as Growing Your Business (sponsored by Peek), Direct Bookings (sponsored by Activities & Tours Marketing byTRK Creative), Content Marketing (sponsored by Magpie), The Spanish Corner and the Culinary Experiences room coordinated by Global Food Tour Week. These are new venues for small operators to network with other operators and connect on topics they are most interested in.
Arival Culinary. Arival has partnered with the Global Food Tour Association (GFTA) to provide deeper coverage of culinary tourism trends. When it comes to culinary, there will be a lot happening at Arival:
- GFTA will be holding its member forum on Monday, Oct. 28, an exclusive, closed-door session for GFTA food tour operator members.
- Food Tour Week Trade Launch: A consortium of food tour operators will be gathering to announce a new consumer marketing initiative to promote food tours in 2020.
- Arival Culinary Space: A special networking room will be devoted to all things culinary over the four days at Arival, with content, workshops and networking for operators of culinary tours and experiences.
- New Demo Lab: “How Tour and Activity Companies Can Create New Culinary Experiences” is designed to help non-culinary tourism operators and attractions grow their sales and enhance their experiences by adding culinary elements.
Spanish Translation and The Spanish Corner. This year we are offering real-time Spanish translation of our Theater program and two workshop spaces to provide an enhanced experience for our attendees from Latin America and Spain. We will also host a Spanish-language specialty networking space with a dedicated program of content on the LATAM and Spanish-speaking traveler markets.
New Arival Workshops. More than half of the 22 workshops available at Arival this year are new, including deep dives on everything from the tour operator online booking funnel, conversion strategies for Facebook and Instagram, emailing marketing best practices, traditional travel trade marketing, tour guest experience, managing online reviews, growth strategies for small operators and more. You can read more about them on our detailed agenda.
Lunch Table Topics: For Tuesday lunch, we’re hosting Topic Tables. Find a topic of interest, fill your plate and dine with like-minded operators to share ideas and best practices and make new friends. Each table is led by a topic expert. Stay tuned for more information!
IdeaHub by Rezgo: Arival presents IdeaHub, sponsored by Rezgo, to host a video studio in the networking lounge for operators. Sign up for a slot to tell your story and share an idea or tip that’s been a big deal for your business. We’ll edit your video, send it to you and share it on Arival websites and social media channels. Rezgo will distribute it through their channels as well. It’s free for operators. Operators can sign up here.
But for all that’s new at Arival 2019, three things will never change:
Operators are the belle of the ball. Arival is for and about operators and helping you grow your business.
The conversations are real. You’re busy. You run businesses. You’re here for a reason. So no PR in our Theater, no sales pitches in the workshops. Just real conversations, hard questions and key topics that matter to you and your business.
Serious fun. Expect fabulous networking receptions and fantastic parties. After all, This is the Best Part of Travel. So let’s act like it.
Still don’t have your ticket registration for Arival Orlando? It’s not too late! Register Now to secure your conference ticket!