Transportation Administrator – Glacier National Park – Xanterra Travel Collection – Columbia Falls
Free Glacier National Park Pass!
Now Hiring for a Summer 2023 Transportation Administrator to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE in Columbia Falls, gateway to Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
Glacier National Park sees over 3 million annual visitors and encompasses just over 1 million acres of largely wilderness area and is known for its seemingly endless acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes. Glacier National Park was established in 1910 and stands today as a monument to wild natural places. As part of the Crown of the Continent ecosystem, the park includes 175 named mountains, 762 lakes (131 named lakes), 200+ named waterfalls and 26 named glaciers, as well as 1,000 plant species, and hundreds of animal species. Employees can explore the park’s 745 miles of hiking trails, take a bus tour on Going-to-the-Sun Road, or kayak in clear lakes.
About Columbia Falls:
Just West of Glacier National Park lies a collection of small communities who proudly welcome millions of visitors each year to the Glacier Gateway area. One of the largest towns is Columbia Falls. This lively Montana town is home to many locally owned shops, restaurants, a brewery, and a summer farmers markets! Columbia Falls is the ideal home base for recreating in Glacier National Park, and the 2.4 million acre Flathead National Forest.
- Seasonal position starts in April and extends through early-September 2023
- Location: Xanterra Transportation Garage in Columbia Falls
- Pay Rate: $15.75/hour
- Schedule Varies: Average 32-45 hours/week
- Housing: Employee Housing Not Available
- Perks include:
- Free Red Bus and Boat Tours (as available)
- Free Glacier National Park season pass
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
Helps facilitate all aspects of Transportation Operations in Glacier National Park. Involves heavy communication between various properties, departments and transportation staff. Helps manage the transportation office and includes organization of files, logs and records both digital and paper. Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Assist with maintaining driver files and logs and various other required reports
- Assist with monitoring transportation staff performance to ensure company procedures and safety measures are consistently followed.
- Monitors/records driver logs for payroll and other records.
- Assist in the coordination of, and communication, with Group Tours.
- Be able to process payments of Group Tours and other guests
- Monitors drivers’ attendance ensuring prompt and courteous service.
- Maintains records to allow for proper maintenance of vehicles.
- Enforces all company policies and regulations.
- Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Possess strong organizational, leadership and computer abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with immediate staff and all levels of management within the company.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Must use tact and discretion due to exposure to confidential matters.
- Must be able to sit, stand, stretch, bend for up to a 10 hour day.
- Must be able to work in sub-zero weather for a short period of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.xanterrajobs.com.