Concierge Manager – Glacier National Park – Xanterra Travel Collection – Columbia Falls
Now Hiring Summer 2023 Concierge Managers to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE in Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
Glacier National Park sees over 3 million annual visitors and encompasses just over 1 million acres of largely wilderness area and is known for its seemingly endless acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes. Glacier National Park was established in 1910 and stands today as a monument to wild natural places. As part of the Crown of the Continent ecosystem, the park includes 175 named mountains, 762 lakes (131 named lakes), 200+ named waterfalls and 26 named glaciers, as well as 1,000 plant species, and hundreds of animal species. Employees can explore the park’s 745 miles of hiking trails, take a bus tour on Going-to-the-Sun Road, or kayak in clear lakes.
- Seasonal positions start in May and extend through mid- to late-September 2023 (dates depend on Location)
- Pay Rate: $1,456.00 bi-weekly
- Schedule Varies: Averages 40 hours/week
- Perks include:
- Free employee housing (dormitory-style or RV site) and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style) for management position
- Free on-site laundry facility, employee shuttle service, Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- Free Red Bus and Boat Tours (as available)
- Free Glacier National Park season pass
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Coordinates drivers and concierge at each location, responsible for daily lineup of drivers, checking for proper uniform, grooming, etc. Posts driver dispatch lineups and manifests.
- Dispatches and receives all busses leaving or arriving at each location.
- Responsible for managing the Transportation/Information Desk employees.
- Responsible for overseeing payroll of all concierge and drivers at each location.
- Responsible, in cooperation with Transportation Manager and Lead Driver, for disciplinary action of concierge and drivers at each location.
- Addresses requests for information and complaints and handles appropriately to answer the guest’s complaint or request to the satisfaction of the guest.
- Makes and files all daily Transportation/Information Desk reports.
- Quotes cost of fares, issues tickets and receives payment. Responsible for balancing cash and credit card transactions.
- Participate in Manager on Duty Program as necessary.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Be knowledgeable of the National Park and all of its facilities and activities so that information given to guests is informative and accurate.
- Possess strong organizational, leadership and computer abilities; and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with immediate staff and all levels of management within the company.
- Be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers; be able to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner; use tact and discretion due to exposure to confidential matters; and be team oriented.
- Basic computer and phone skills.
- Must be able to sit, stand, stretch, and bend for up to a 10 hour day.
- Must be able to work in sub-zero weather for a short period of time.
- Must be able to work at a desk within a historic hotel or lodge.
- Be able to Possess a valid U.S. CDL Driver’s License, training is provided.
- Must meet all DOT physical requirements and pass a DOT physical exam including a pre-employment drug screen and federally required random screens throughout the season, and comply with the Xanterra Driver Safety Program and Policy.
- Drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.xanterrajobs.com.