IT and Computer Support Positions – Yellowstone National Park, WY – Xanterra Travel Collection – National Park
Join the IT team in Yellowstone National Park!
Yellowstone National Park Lodges is home to 81 physical/virtual servers, 1122 active workstations, 193 Routers and Switches, 32TB Storage capacity, and too many printers to count! The IT & Computer Support department is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the computers and related equipment at each property in Yellowstone through site visits, as well as over the phone. Learn more about the IT department.
- IT positions: IT Technician I, II, III, and Telecom Infrastructure Technician
- IT position wages are: $19/hr- $29/hr dependent on position
- Full-time, seasonal position starting in April 2023 and ending October 2023.
- Location: You could be assigned to work at four of our nine lodging properties across Yellowstone National Park.
Life in Yellowstone Includes
- Low cost housing in our nation’s first National Park! Seasonal employees live in dormitory-stylehousing that includes Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities ($45.47 + tax per two-week pay period)
- All meals provided at low cost including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($170.81 + tax per two-week pay period)
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Participate in our $350 Referral Bonus! Review criteria here
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of opportunities for professional development, growth, and upward mobility.
- Making friends with people of all ages, from all over the country and world
- Free Employee Recreation Program (photo contest, gear rentals, educational seminars, athletic competitions, and more).
- Employee discounts on retail, food & beverage, lodging, camping, and activities in Yellowstone, at our sister properties, and in our local gateway communities
- Over 1,000 miles of hiking trails inside the park
- Fresh air, breathtaking views, and clear night skies
- World-class wildlife viewing of bison, elk, moose, wolves, bears, and more
- Approximately 500 geysers (the largest concentration in the world) and hot springs, including Grand Prismatic, the third largest in the world
- Click for more info on perks
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on our Instagram and TikTok pages
Applicants for IT and Computer support jobs will be considered for the following positions based on skill levels and business needs:
IT Technician III
- Provide support and assistance to the Xanterra Incident Response Team as needed and requested
- Assists with coverage of the help desk when needed by the department.
- Works with software and hardware support personnel towards the resolution of problems.
IT Technician II and I
- Oversees maintenance of records and logs associated with computer processes.
- Coordinates training of new IT technicians where required.
- Helps to ensure integrity of programs, files, and databases by overseeing other IT technicians in the use of utility programs, comprehensive backup procedures, documentation, and logging maintenance.
- Participates in the on-call duty rotation for after-hours support.
- Assists other IT technicians with decisions on proper “corrective-action” procedures during problem situations.
- Assists the IT Manager/Director with the completion of all Audits and maintaining security standards.
- Develop and modify reports using a variety of report writer programs used throughout the property if deemed necessary by senior management.
IT Infrastructure Technician
- Responsible for oversight of all telecommunications equipment including PBX’s, telephones, and other peripherals used by the telecommunication systems.
- Responsible for all cabling (both voice and data) used throughout the property or region.
- Works with the Director of IT, Regional Director of IT, and IT Technicians on managing/completing all requested moves/adds/changes for all voice lines/extensions used at the property/region.
IT Tech III
- Must possess 0-2+ years of related IT experience
IT Tech II
- Must possess 3-5+ years of related IT experience, with demonstrated project management skills.
IT Tech I and Telecom Infrastructure Tech
- Must possess 5+ years of related IT experience, with demonstrated project management skills.
IT Tech II and III
- Associate degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology, Hospitality Administration and/or Accounting
IT Tech I and Telecom Infrastructure Tech
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology, Hospitality Administration and/or Accounting
All IT Positions
- Background in hospitality-based IT systems
- Prior experience with Payment Card Industry compliance requirements is preferred
- Significant work experience can substitute for formal education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge – Provides knowledge on Information Technology, Project Management and Administrative Responsibilities needed to successfully support the assigned location(s).
- Leadership – Serves as supportive leader for the department and the organization as a whole on areas concerning technologies and other spheres of influence.
- Analytical Skills – Demonstrates strong analytical skills including the ability to plan complex system-related projects.
- Technical Skills – Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and desktop software is required.
- Security Knowledge – Knowledge of IT security compliance requirements.
- Documentation Toolset Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products is required.
- Applications Experience – Experience with the following technologies or similar systems is preferred: Infor CloudSuite, Raymark Retail Systems, Simphony Food & Beverage Systems, Opera PMS, NEC PBX/Telephone Systems and TV/Cable Systems. In addition, knowledge of computer hardware also required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, standing, stooping, and bending regularly is required, as well as the ability to lift up to 100 pounds. Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: May be exposed to unusual temperature ranges (both cool and hot). The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Minimal travel outside the corporate office may be required. Must be able to be on location or accessible via remote connectivity technology within 30-minutes in the event of an emergency.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.xanterrajobs.com.