Environmental and Sustainability Positions – Yellowstone National Park, WY – Xanterra Travel Collection – National Park
Be on the front-lines of sustainability, helping to protect Yellowstone. Join the Sustainability team!
Yellowstone National Park Lodges has a goal to improve recycling by 3% per year. We currently recycle or compost 60% of waste, which is more than double the national average. Last year, thanks to the efforts of recyclers and staff, we kept 3,391,920 pounds out of the landfill, instead sending them to become new products. These important positions allow Yellowstone employees to live their values by keeping materials out of landfills and helping sustain the planet for future generations. Learn more about the Sustainability department.
Join Our Team
- Full-time, seasonal position starting in April 2023 and ending October/November 2023.
- Location: You will be assigned to work at one of four properties in Yellowstone National Park.
- Your work schedule is typically 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays). Time and a half is paid above 40 hours.
Perks & Benefits
- In-park housing provided at low cost including Wi-Fi (very limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities ($45.74 + tax per two-week pay period)
- All meals provided at low cost including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($170.81 + tax per two-week pay period)
- Employee Recreation Program (planned trips, softball & basketball tournaments, live music, group hikes, yoga nights, and even trips to the rodeo in Cody, WY)
- Participate in our $350 Referral Bonus/Review criteria here
Get The Scoop from employees on Instagram, Tiktok and Facebook!
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Lead Recycler – $17.50/hour
- Provide training to and supervision of Location Recycling Technician(s), educate staff and guests on recycling. Guest Service is a priority.
- Provide direct feedback to department managers on recycling processes and performance.
- Assure efficient collection of all recyclable materials for the assigned location and sort recyclable materials from unrecyclable materials. Operation of cardboard balers, glass crushers, and can crushers and safe operation of baling equipment.
- Work with the Sustainability Department to assess waste management opportunities, improve effectiveness of diversion programs and implement program changes as needed.
Recycler – $16.50/hour
- Efficient collection of all recyclable materials; sorting recyclable materials from unrecyclable materials; operation of cardboard balers, glass crushers, and can crushers and safe operation of baling equipment.
- Maintain recycling areas to sanitation and resource management standards and help educate staff on proper recycling procedures.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- U.S. driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have prior knowledge of or interested in learning waste management and overall park-wide environmental programs in order to serve as a resource for employees and guests.
- Prior knowledge of recyclable materials, processing methods and collection systems is preferred.
- Respiratory protection will be worn when required. OSHA standards require a clean-shaven face.
- Must have knowledge of or interest in learning recyclable materials, processing methods and collection systems.
Physical Requirements included but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift, push or pull bins with weights of 50-100 pounds on a daily basis
- Must be able to stand and bend throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam provided by Xanterra’s partner clinic. Driver practice testing will be required once on location.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.xanterrajobs.com.