Vice President of Sales
Lindblad Expeditions is seeking a Vice President of Sales with experience working in expedition cruise sales to help lead years of double-digit growth and enhance its Best-In-The-World reputation amongst the travel trade and consumers. We are looking for candidates with experience in any of these areas of focus; regional, national account, international, wholesaler, charter, or affinity groups. This position will be a member of the Sales Department leadership team and will use their experience and relationships to help Lindblad Expeditions expand our reach of adventure travel advisors and increase our share of the expedition cruise market.
The role requires a highly structured, highly organized individual that thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. All candidates must understand small ship expedition travel and be able to communicate the benefits effectively. This home-based position reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales & Revenue Management and will work with a collaborative sales team to reach and exceed overall company goals.
· Identify new accounts and opportunities with travel advisors and agencies active in the expedition cruise and travel category
· Foster strong relationships with existing Lindblad accounts with the goal of developing a greater market share
· Build collaborative sales and marketing plans for agency partners to reach and exceed sales and revenue goals and to contribute to the overall company goals
· Conduct influential and engaging product training and sales presentations
· Provide relevant content, assets and offers to accounts for timely promotion to drive sales
· Contribute innovative solutions, client feedback, competitive intelligence, and support to sales and marketing
· Provide clients with regular and informative updates on productivity and progress; inspire and influence them to reach sales goals
· Analyze, track and report sales in region to management, and identify successes and opportunities
· Represent company at regional and national industry trade shows, seminars, and events to promote Lindblad Expeditions
· Assist in coordination of ship inspections, and onboard educational opportunities.
· Other duties as required
· 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in Business Development and Sales in the travel industry including experience in adventure or expedition travel
· Demonstrated outstanding networking abilities and relationship building skills
· Clear understanding of the key stages of the selling process and closing a deal
· Ability to focus on customer/client satisfaction while achieving objectives
· Strong knowledge of branding and market segmentation within the expedition travel field
· Ability to develop and present plans, proposals, and presentations
· Ability to develop ROI analyses for new market or account development
· Financial management savvy and strong understanding of budgeting, proformas and P&Ls
· Represents the company in a professional, positive, and knowledgeable manner
· Ability to adhere to the highest standard of confidentiality and discretion
· Demonstrated ability to produce detail-oriented, accurate work
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Highly organized
· Creative, resourceful, and solution-orientated
· Proficient computer skills in the Windows operating system, including both word-processing and spreadsheet applications.
· Strong skills in time management, managing multiple tasks, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
· The ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
· Frequent travel may be required.
WHO WE ARE
Lindblad Expeditions is the pioneer in the Expedition Travel space, from taking the first citizen explorers to Antarctica in 1966, to opening the Galapagos and Easter Island to tourism in 1967, to leading the first tourist expedition through the Northwest Passage in 1984, to launching our innovative partnership with National Geographic in 2004. Now taking nearly 25,000 guests per year to some of the world’s most remote and pristine locations on our fleet of 15 ships, we do whatever it takes to ensure our guests experience the “Exhilaration of Discovery”.
• Travel benefits for employees and their family
• Voyage of Discovery trips for employees to travel as guests
• Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to be used for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care
• Pre-Tax Commuter Benefit
• 7-8 Paid Holidays and an additional 2-3 Floating Holiday Options
• Up to 15 days of vacation (pro-rated per anniversary year)
• Parental Leave
• Sick/personal days per city & state ordinance
• Pet Insurance discount
Using the English language, this person must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend policies, legal guidelines, correspondence, and memos. Must also possess the ability to effectively communicate–both in writing and orally–with a professional demeanor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee will also be required to write and type. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
Lindblad Expeditions determines the pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data. We evaluate external equity and the cost of labor/prevailing wage index in the relative marketplace for jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company. Our posted salary range is based on national data and may be refined for a candidate’s region/town/cost of living.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers allowing the new employee room for future growth. Salaries will be based on the applicant’s location, level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
At Lindblad Expeditions, we simply could not do our work without the diverse kaleidoscope of humanity that creates and delivers our remarkable offerings across the planet. As a Company that respects and celebrates the inherent diversity in the places we explore, we recognize the need to mirror that same diversity and all the interconnected perspectives within our organization. We are committed to building a community of different genders, races, ages, sexual orientations, chosen identities, and countries of origin where every person brings their whole self to work and whose skills, talents, and abilities are valued. We believe we can explore further and in a more meaningful way by actively creating a more diverse and inclusive organization where everyone feels they belong.
Lindblad Expeditions is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Lindblad Expeditions are considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.