Deputy Manager – Visa Application Centre Toronto – VFS Services USA – Toronto
VFS Global, the world’s largest outsourcing and technology services specialist for governments and diplomatic missions worldwide. We are currently hiring for a Deputy Manager for our Visa Application Center located in downtown Toronto. The office specialize in offering premium services for various government clients like UK, France, Schengen to name a few by accepting their visa applications and collecting the biometric enrollment data on behalf of the government clients.
Visa Application Center – Deputy Manager
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, by example, a team of 4-5 staff to operate the Application Center on a daily basis, including managing both appointments and walk-in applicants. This requires an ability to calmly manage a high, varying volume of customers at a time.
- Self-starter who is comfortable reporting remotely to offsite Manager.
- Take the initiative to help shape the future of the new Application Center and “make it your own”, taking personal pride in the success of the new office and team.
- Manage local HR requirements, such as hiring staff, payroll time sheets, performance reviews, training, and team building.
- Responsible for maintaining Critical Service Levels to ensure performance of the Application Center is in line with contractual and security requirements.
- Trouble shooting IT issues with the help of the remote IT Service Desk, as needed,
- Working directly with high-end, high-value customers to assist with completion of visa applications, processing of documents, and certification of documents alongside your staff.
- Capture of biometrics (fingerprints and facial) on behalf of government clients.
- Creation of weekly and daily required reports on performance, security incidences, volumes, and sales.
- Assisting with time-bound visa applicants, including Priority and Super Priority Visas under stringent timelines.
- Processing applications and data entry in the customized VFS software, including digitization of documents.
- Dispatch of applications for delivery to the Consulate as and when required
- Scanning and uploading of documentation and tracking of passports
- Handling customer queries in person, by email and on the telephone
- Fee collection and cash handling
- Some work related travel opportunities may be available for meeting with clients with Canada.
- The above list is not exhaustive, and other duties may be required from time to time in line with business requirements.
- Key skills include leadership, taking initiative, customer service for high-end clients, data entry and IT familiarity, interest in international travel needs and processes, efficiency and attention to detail, flexibility with hours in the initial stages of the project, and an interest in growing internally within a large international organization
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with professional demeanor
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A good attention to detail and high level of accuracy under tight timelines
- Ability to begin work rotating shifts, if needed, between 7:00am – 7 :00pm
- Flexible / ready and willing to additional hours, if needed
- Enthusiasm for growing new operations and taking on challenges in a fast-paced, highly-responsive environment will be key for this role
- Potential travel up to 25%
Benefits and Compensation:
- Paid Vacation time accrued monthly.
- Extended medical benefits paid by company
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Annual Uniform allowance
To apply for this job please visit vfsglobalinc.catsone.com.