Travel Specialist – Velocity Black – Los Angeles
Velocity, one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies, is looking for a Travel Specialist to join the company as it embarks on the next exciting phase of its journey: scale-up.
Velocity harnesses the power of artificial intelligence, the warmth of human experts, and the convenience of the latest interfaces to help high-performance people actualize the full potential of their lives.
It’s concierge, reimagined for the digital age.
Backed by $28M in venture capital, we are one of the world’s fastest growing companies – the 3rd fastest headquartered in the UK according to Forbes and we were named in Deloitte’s Fast 50 2020 list of the UK’s fastest growing tech companies based on revenue growth over the last 4 years. We have delivered in over 60 countries for a membership whose net worth is over $300 billion.
We’ve reimagined discovery, access, and booking for 21st-century life. A simple customer experience, harnessing human experts and artificial intelligence to streamline time-consuming tasks that once required multiple apps and services. Welcome to the conversational interface.
By harnessing 24/7 chat, AI, and mobile payments, we help our customers do more and be more in the digital age. From access to the hottest restaurants to guaranteed upgrades at the world’s finest resorts. Make a custom request through the app and you will be chatting to our team within 1 minute, 24/7/365.
By offering inspiration, recommendation, and fulfillment in one place across multiple verticals, Velocity becomes a one-stop shop, and an integral part of their lives.
What unites us are the values we share: the relentless pursuit and celebration of excellence, actualizing the full potential of our lives, and impacting the world in a positive way.
This role will be working within our travel team, which is one of the world’s fastest-growing travel businesses. You will communicate with clients, suppliers, and fellow team members to provide best-in-class service to our members. Selecting relevant accommodation and transportation options and ensuring every detail is checked to provide a smooth and stress-free travel experience while creating memories that will last clients a lifetime.
- Assisting clients in booking travel, ranging from commercial flights to hotels, to vacation homes and car rentals
- Using GDS and other online travel tools to book and communicate with suppliers
- Working with suppliers around the world to ensure our clients are receiving the best rates, perks, and service in the market
- A minimum of 2 years of experience at a travel agency
- Experience using GDS and other online travel booking systems
- A passion for travel and traveling
- Strong analytical skills and extremely strong attention to detail
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
- High level of intuition to anticipate and exceed client needs
- A willingness to work long and unsociable hours – including evenings and weekends. As a fast-growing start-up, this a ‘roll your sleeves up’ role
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in one of the world’s fastest-growing companies
- 60% contribution to a gym membership
- Access to Velocity Restaurants and experiences
- High quality Health/Dental package
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.