Snow School Business Manager/senior Analyst – Vail Resorts – Whistler
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Housing: Available
- Outlet: Whistler Blackcomb Snow School
- Schedule & Shift Availability: Year Round / Full Time
The primary focus of this position is to support the Snow School with our business systems and to drive the business forward utilizing data. Specifically this role will be responsible for ensuring that our snow school compensation plan is executed on effectively and balances each pay period, reporting on and analysis of the many KPI’s for the snow school and is highly involved in our product build and launch each season.
Budget Responsibility and Administrative Duties:
- To work with the rest of the senior leadership team of the school to support the business
- Assist Snow School managers in a problem solving the various systems we work in
- Assist the Sr Director with business analysis on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis
- Support the work force management team with many of our forecasting tools and scheduling set up
- Assist in training of our supervisor team on systems where necessary
- To work with the other Business Managers across the network on companywide ski and ride school projects.
- To be an active contributor of Management meetings and to be adaptable to change when needed
- To meet all Snow School objectives
- To work front line when needed, especially over holiday periods
- To audit our websites to ensure a smooth purchase process for our
- To accurately work on our pricing and product set up each season, both winter and summer.
- To create an environment and culture within the Snow School in which the employee engagement is recognized to be crucial to the success of the School
Development and Planning:
- To monitor and review our ski school labour and payroll
- Report on and problem solve any issues with revenue reporting
- Analyze the business results from different angles in order to understand root causes to variances
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and experience, especially excel
- Strong data analysis skills – Ideal candidate will have experience with MS SQL and some experience with PowerBI, Tableau, SSRS and Powershell
- Experience with WB systems including RPOS, Guest Connect, Pro connect, People soft, Success Factors
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic and professional personality
- Capable of working effectively in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong institutional knowledge of how a Snow School operates.
The budgeted range starts at $55,000 – $75,500 CAD + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 460828
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.