Summer Tour Guide – Full & Part Time – Summer Seasonal – Whistler Blackcomb – Vail Resorts – Whistler
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “To create memories as the best mountain experience again and again.”
Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
The Summer Tour Guide (Wildlife, Ecology and Hiking) is responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable experience to guests on terrain on both Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. Guides will provide in-vehicle and walking tours around both mountains, while educating guests in the diverse ecology and geology of the Whistler Area Coast Mountains.
What you’ll be doing:
- To continually strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and to provide them with the finest mountain recreational experience.
- To deliver specific educational information to our guests, while at the same time touring them around our alpine environment, either in a vehicle or hiking.
- To provide (in – vehicle) Bear and Wildlife Tours on both Whistler and Blackcomb mountain.
- To Provide Hiking Tours with ecological and geological content.
- To act with courtesy towards all Whistler Blackcomb Staff, volunteers and guests
- To be responsible for maintaining and ensuring proper function of all equipment used in the program.
- To be fully aware of all policies and procedures – including safety, accident protocol, personal appearance, and to promote respect for our mountain environment.
- To be enthusiastic and punctual for all tours
- To be guest service oriented and personable
- To communicate regularly with Summer Tours Coordinator
- Demonstrated people and guest experience skills
- Previous experience in a similar guiding role
- Demonstrated knowledge (Academically or practical field expertise) of the Mountain Environment, Wildlife Behavior (specifically Black Bears) and Geological History of British Columbia.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must hold a valid and clean CLASS 4(Required!) – BC Driver’s license
- Mountain driving experience an asset.
- Must complete Whistler Blackcomb Road Rules Test
- Proof of clear criminal record check
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.