Trip Leader / Guide
Who We Are
Modern Adventure handcrafts extraordinary journeys with extraordinary people, to produce magical moments and lasting bonds. We partner with tastemakers across many disciplines and with mission-driven companies who are doing remarkable things. It’s our job to create extraordinary travel experiences that bring our partners’ points of view, and why they exist, to life.
As a certified B-Corp, we believe in making a difference in people’s lives. We have the privilege of working with some of the world’s most inspired and inspiring brands and we are fiercely committed to delivering exceptional experiences on all seven continents.
We’re also a start-up. That means we’re small, nimble, and about finding the right fit for our team. We want to build a company that dares to do big things and dreams of making a difference in the world. So do you.
Who You Are
You are passionate and curious, full of energy and optimism. You are an exceptional host and leader. You can handle most any problem with grace and charm. You are tough and love to work hard, not resting until whatever needs doing is done. You love to build relationships and interact with people. You are a compassionate soul with a genuine desire to make others happy.
You understand the importance of the guest experience and the dynamics of group travel. You can read social situations and anticipate people’s needs. You are calm under pressure, resourceful, capable and tenacious. You understand how to solve problems to deliver the best outcome for the group and an individual.
You travel because you love it. You’ve explored many countries and experienced first-hand the beautiful diversity of our planet. You’re as comfortable camping under the stars as you are luxuriating in five-star hotels, as comfortable eating humble street food as you are dining in Michelin-starred kitchens.
What You’ll Do
You manage every moment of our trips. You are process driven, consistent, organized, dynamic and creative. On the road you’re the face of our brand—our host, logistics coordinator, coach, connoisseur, and overall gracious travel companion. You work with local operators to ensure smooth-running experiences, making adjustments to itineraries and activities as appropriate. You ensure each guest has what they need to have the experience of a lifetime with Modern Adventure.
- Deliver the trip of a lifetime to our guests
- Manage the partner relations in destination for the MOAD experiences
- Be responsible for the timing and logistics of the trip flow
- Coordinate with our local partners on all aspects of the trip including the accommodations, activities and inclusions
- Manage the group dynamics and be host to the MOAD guests
- Ensure the highest standards for every detail of our experiences
- Make decisions on the ground to adjust and /or keep the experience on track
- Facilitate a seamless trip experience for all guests
- Create an atmosphere of inclusion and respect for all travellers
- Be an engaging presenter, educator and host
- Do great work and be great to work with
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ seasons of Trip Leading and/ or guiding experience is a prerequisite
- Experience in a customer facing travel / hospitality industry role required
- A record of success in the travel or hospitality industry, or similar experience in a customer-service related field
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Creative and dynamic presentation skills
- Independent, resourceful decision-making
- Problem-solving skills, including poise under stressful conditions
- Organizational skills, with both people and logistics
- Computer skills: ability to use email, internet, MS Word and Excel
- Language skills, particularly French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Solid oral and written communication skills
What We’ll Give You
- An opportunity to work with travel-industry veterans to build something beautiful, and make a difference
- Money and benefits
- Exceptional travel opportunities
- A great place to work
To apply for this job please visit cdn1.modernadventure.com.