Scheduling Coordinator – Trek Travel – Madison
Trek Travel’s vision is to help more people explore and experience the world by bike. This important role is part of our Guide Department and is responsible for providing exceptional hospitality and support for the Guide Department. At Trek Travel, we think outside the box, continuously improve, encourage feedback, and give it all we got, all the time, no exceptions. This is a salaried, full-time position and is eligible for Trek Travel’s competitive benefits package. This position is based in Madison, Wisconsin and reports to the Guide Manager. Interest in the active travel and/or hospitality industry is beneficial, but not necessary.
POSITION RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Own the guide scheduling process for the Guide Department. Create, manage and maintain global Tour Guide trip schedules.
- Owns guide scheduling budget and reports on data. Creates reports as needed.
- Owns guide scheduling maintenance and makes edits as necessary.
- Assists with the guide travel program, handling flights and transportation.
- Events planning and guide training event coordination, including occasional travel.
- Daily team correspondence via phone and email and scheduled weekly check-ins.
- Work alongside team members around the globe.
- Cross departmental work and additional duties as required.
- Availability Monday-Friday – schedule may flex to include evening and weekend hours depending on time of year. Weekend or out of office hour needs if last minute schedule needs arise.
WHAT ELSE WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- Proven experience managing schedules as a Scheduling Coordinator or a similar role
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.
- Expertise with keeping others informed of schedule changes.
- Enjoys solving puzzles, breaking down barriers and simplifying complex situations.
- Strong willingness to take initiative to continuously improve processes and is solution oriented.
- Is an expert at attention to detail, seeks efficiency and works with a sense of urgency.
- You believe in the importance of hospitality and service, recognizing that customers are all around.
- You rock a positive, solution-oriented attitude and always ask “how can I help?”
- You exude Fun and Flexibility while contributing to the overall success of your Team.
- A company’s culture can make or break a job offer for you.
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we continue to take extra steps and precautions to keep our employees and guests safe. We are now requiring that all employees show proof that they are fully vaccinated with the exception of a medical or religious exemption.
TREK TRAVEL OFFERS:
- A fast pace, casual, fun and flexible company culture where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued
- Competitive health care
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term /Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off package
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts and industry discounts
If you have what it takes to join our team and the desire to help shape Trek Travel’s future, we wish you the best of luck and look forward to your application!
To apply for this job please visit trektravel.applytojob.com.