The Travel Coordinator is responsible for making accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all clients within ministry guidelines, while demonstrating excellent customer service. The main duty is to map out travel arrangements for all ministry travelers, domestic and international. This includes booking flights, arranging transportation to and from locations, and arranging accommodations.
- Obtains pertinent information from each traveler to create profile, plan itinerary, purchase tickets and reserve appropriate accommodations.
- Researches, purchases, and arranges all aspects of domestic travel including flights, ground transportation, and accommodations in collaboration with traveler while adhering to travel policies and procedures. Any exceptions are approved by the CFO.
- Limits the liability of ministry travel losses and keeps schedule disruptions to a minimum with good planning, sound judgement, and applied knowledge of industry standards for layovers.
- Observes safety procedures and protocols to ensure travelers’ well-being in accommodations and travel schedules.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel itineraries and compiles relevant documents for travel and meetings at destinations.
- Creates a travel packet for each traveler detailing all aspects of their trip itinerary including reservations, contact information, and any other necessary documentation.
- Supports travelers (both employees and guests) by checking them in and providing boarding passes for their flights during normal business hours.
- Performs general clerical duties including filing and entering travel data into spreadsheets.
- Cross-trained in Data Entry/Donation Processing assisting in times of high volume and end of period activity.
- Performs general hospitality tasks for ministry guests per Faith Comes By Hearing’s Hospitality Handbook.
- Ability to adjust work schedule accordingly due to situational demands from events and guest travel itineraries that may cause the work schedule to vary off the normal work hours (Example Josiah and Chosen Events).
- Demonstrated excellence in domestic travel planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance within standards (i.e. layover or safety standards).
- Ability to focus in open office setting with a high attention to details.
- Problem solving ability in pressured situations.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Proven ability in communication, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately and quickly.
- Demonstrated service orientation by actively looking for ways to help people within guidelines.
- Ability to maintain composure, even in very difficult situations. This role requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate with senior leaders, often coordinating domestic travel schedules of multiple leaders who will be traveling together.
- Demonstrated dependability shown by being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
- Able to meet strict deadlines by using organizational skills and multitasking in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Above reproach in ethical conduct.
- Able to maintain high-level confidentiality with discernment.
- Trustworthy with large purchases and personal/financial information.
- Skilled in Excel and Internet Search Programs, along with exceptional computer skills and understanding and working knowledge of various travel booking and travel vendor websites.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- One + years’ experience in travel coordination.
- Associates degree.
- Experience with a non-profit ministry, a plus.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.