Tourism & Marketing Manager – Town of Marana – Marana
Town of Marana
Marana is one of Arizona’s most desirable places to live, growing more than 50 percent in the last ten years. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana’s standards are high, we are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Tourism & Marketing Manager to work in the Economic Development and Tourism Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having a direct impact on promoting Marana to become a premier destination for business, leisure, and international travelers, as well as outdoor enthusiasts.
Hiring Range: $61,746 – $77,182
Examples of Duties
- Develops strategic plans for tourism and market opportunities including infrastructure and marketing initiatives.
- Creates and carries out detailed marketing plans and programs including short and long term, to support tourism growth.
- Assists in the development and execution of advertising materials including digital media, print, online and direct mail.
- Manages Tourism Department budget.
- Maintains cooperative relationships and develops positive partnerships with all tourism related assets, including hotels, resorts, golf, shopping, dining, attractions, etc.
- Creates and sustains relationships with local, state, and federal governments in regard to promotional advertising opportunities and co-operative funding and policy changes that may affect regional and national tourism.
- Manages Discover Marana website and social media; Makes daily updates, additions, etc.
- Establish relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Negotiate and evaluates all advertising including joint ventures with community partners.
- Strengthen Discover Marana brand.
- Monitors competing markets and marketing activities.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy with Executive Team to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Maintains relationships within the film industry and assists with scouting locations for various projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible management experience in marketing, tourism, hotels & resorts, or closely related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Facebook, other social media, and any other relevant software experience as needed.
- Presentation skills to all levels of management.
- Experience in writing strategic and marketing plans.
An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills & abilities to successfully perform essential functions may be considered.
- Over 6 years of management experience in the marketing of hotels & resorts, meeting planners, tourism, tour operators, leisure travelers, and special events within local government or commercial environment.
- Working with, and presenting to, municipal Councils.
- Being accountable for ROI of projects and department success.
- Experience with graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Premiere Pro, as well as video editing software.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications may be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link.
REVIEW PROCESS Job posting will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Candidates invited to interview will also be asked to participate in a practical exercise. More information will be provided at that time.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-3499 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Staff Contacts
Loren Churchman / 520-382-1934 / [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.