Tour Driver – Daytona International Speedway, LLC – Daytona Beach
DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
Daytona International Speedway is a state-of-the-art motorsports facility and was awarded the SportsBusiness Journal’s prestigious Sports Business Award for Sports Facility of the Year in 2016. Daytona International Speedway is the home of “The Great American Race” – the DAYTONA 500. Though the prestigious season-opening NASCAR Cup Series event garners most of the attention – as well as the largest audience in motorsports – the approximately 500-acre motorsports complex boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe, thus earning it the title of “World Center of Racing.” Among the nine major weekends of racing activity are the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA, the DAYTONA Supercross, the DAYTONA 200 motorcycle classic and the Coke Zero Sugar 400. Rarely a week goes by that the Speedway grounds are not used for events that include track tours, concerts, civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
Daytona International Speedway Tours department seeks a talented individual to join our team as a Part-Time Tour Guide and Driver to conduct guided tours of our Daytona Beach Speedway.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct Daytona International Speedway Tours (Speedway Tour, All Access Tour, and VIP Tour) in a professional and informative manner
- Ensure safety of guests.
- Prepare trams at the start of the shift (i.e. check fuel, oil, water, and all other fluids as necessary)
- Assist guests with special needs and ensure ADA compliance
- Complete necessary paperwork (i.e. guest log sheet, incident and vehicle condition reports, daily closing sheets)
- Memorize and deliver various tour script narratives to guests in a clear and exciting presentation.
- Drive multi-unit trams, pickup trucks with single and double Featherlite trams, and a 28 passenger bus to deliver daily tours and during event time.
- Drive pick-up truck with Featherlite Tram to take NASCAR Racing Experience guests to the infield and return to Tours area.
- Operate walkie-talkie radio in proper and professional manner.
- Enhance guest’s knowledge of NASCAR, Daytona International Speedway, and motorsports in general.
- Assist in training of new staff
- See something, say something – Immediately report any conditions or safety items in need of attention.
- Other duties as assigned and available to work during events with Daytona International Speedway with Event Tram Operations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CDL Class C required. Passenger endorsement preferred.
- Clean driving record (verifiable by company background check).
The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move 60lbs and be able to work in all elements
ADDED CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Foreign language skills (French, Spanish, German, etc.)
- CPR/Defibrillation course
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.