Docent (Museum Tour Guide) – The Neon Museum, Inc. – Las Vegas
Looking for an employer that will respect and value you?
Join a dynamic team of professionals focused on presenting and preserving the unique history of Las Vegas. We’re a nationally accredited museum that collects, preserves, studies and exhibits the iconic signs of historic Las Vegas. And we’re a place that values diversity, inclusion and talent!
We offer a progressive culture, competitive wages and an attractive benefits program. Come join Team Neon!
Docent Job Purpose
This position conducts informative and accurate guided tours of its collection and exhibits, with a goal of creating the highest-quality guest experience possible. Additional responsibilities are to greet visitors; staff the front desk; assist with ticketing and crowd control; and varied administrative tasks. We do require consistent attendance and dependable punctuality for this nonexempt position, which reports to the Docent Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet guests in a courteous and professional manner, striving to build positive relationships that promote goodwill and encourage repeat visitations.
- Accurately and patiently conduct informative and enthusiastic approved presentations of the collection and exhibits.
- Process ticket sales, payments and transactions in an accurate, timely and professional manner, applying correct admission fees, codes and coupons.
- Capture accurate and complete guest data through approved software programs.
- Promote the purchase of memberships and manage related sales.
- Provide courteous and professional crowd control as needed.
- Tactfully but effectively enforce Museum policies at all times.
- Assist as requested with special events, tours, operations, special projects and additional assignments.
- Provide accurate information about the Museum including fees, hours of operation, events and programs, directions, exhibits and general policies.
- Enthusiastically and positively field questions about the Neon Museum, Las Vegas and its history, and related topics.
- Assist in a variety of staff operations, projects and additional assignments as requested.
- Maintain a professional and tidy front desk area.
- Answer phones in a professional manner, re-directing callers to other staff as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requires a minimum of one year experience in both customer service and cash-handling. Requires experience in remaining calm and professional in sometimes stressful conditions. Experience in firmly, effectively and professionally enforcing institutional policies preferred. Experience in working effectively as a member of a team in pursuit of a common goal preferred. Experience in communicating effectively to large audiences and diverse groups preferred. Interest in history, Las Vegas history, art, architecture, preservation or neon signs preferred.
- Requires consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Requires occasional scheduling flexibility.
- Requires standing for long periods of time.
- Requires ability to consistently speak and interact with diverse audiences in a clear, friendly and outgoing manner.
- Requires ability to firmly, tactfully and effectively enforce Museum policies at all times.
- Requires ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals and teams and to function as a member of a team.
- Requires ability to learn and adapt to fundamental administrative tasks.
- Requires ability to use email and contemporary computer programs and software.
- Requires ability to stay focused despite multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
- Requires ability to prioritize tasks and to complete them in a timely manner.
- Requires active listening and reading comprehension.
- Requires ability to work outdoors in seasonal desert temperatures and indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Requires ability to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Requires ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Ability to converse clearly and professionally with individuals, teams and audiences.
Requires a minimum of one year experience in both customer service and cash-handling. Requires experience in remaining calm and professional in sometimes stressful conditions. Experience in firmly, effectively and professionally enforcing institutional policies preferred. Experience in working effectively as a member of a team in pursuit of a common goal preferred. Experience in communicating effectively to large audiences and diverse groups preferred. Interest in history, Las Vegas history, art, architecture, preservation or neon signs preferred
About The Neon Museum
The Neon Museum is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, studying, and exhibiting iconic Las Vegas signs for educational, historic, arts and cultural enrichment. It was founded in 1996.
Our 2+ acre campus has an outdoor exhibition space known as the Neon Boneyard; the North Gallery, home to the immersive audiovisual experience “Brilliant! Jackpot,” which uses technology to re-illuminate more than 40 non-operational signs; and an awe-inspiring visitors’ center inside the former La Concha Motel lobby. The Museum collection also includes nine restored signs installed as public art in downtown Las Vegas. Public and K-12 education, community outreach and engagement, research, and arts preservation represent a selection of the museum’s ongoing projects.
Welcoming more than 200,000 visitors annually, The Neon Museum has been ranked No. 1 in Las Vegas Weekly’s list of “Twenty Greatest Attractions in Las Vegas History”; Nevada’s “Best Museum” by MSN; one of the 10 best museums in Las Vegas by USA Today’s 10best.com; “One of the Top 10 Coolest Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do” by Forbes.com; one of the “Top 10 Historic Spots in Las Vegas” by Vegas.com; one of “15 Most Fascinating Museums in the U.S.” by VacationIdea.com; and earns a consistent 4.5 out of 5 rating on TripAdvisor.
Starting pay $15.00 per hour
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.