Tour Guide – The Texas Rangers – Arlington
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Interact with and guide visitors through walking tours of Globe Life Field in Arlington.
- Assist with preparation and execution of field trips, group tours, birthday parties, and special event tours, both on game days and non-game days.
- Must memorize tour script and be able to share facts about the ballpark, the Texas Rangers and MLB history (as provided by Tours department) in an educational and entertaining manner.
- Monitor all areas of Rangers tour route prior to guest arrival, and as needed, unlock and check all areas before beginning tour.
- Learn which tours and routes are available daily.
- Ensure safety of all visitors.
- Maintain a professional image and pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Welcome each guest and serve them throughout their visit.
- Selling tour tickets as needing and handling money.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
- Detail oriented.
- Displays strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and comfortably with a diverse range of patrons from all backgrounds.
- Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and public speaking skills.
- Knowledgeable of the Texas Rangers and Major League Baseball history.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have internet access and computer skills for scheduling and other purposes.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations is essential.
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly.
- Ability to work nontraditional and extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays. Must be available at least 2 days per week throughout the year.
- Bilingual, Spanish & English speaking is a plus!
- Ability to kneel, continuously stand and walk for up to 8 hours throughout the ballpark, including but not limited to, stairs and ramps.
- Ability to project voice for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold and rain.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to reach and grasp items to be moved when requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
To apply for this job please visit rangersmlb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.