Tech Procurement Specialist
trivago, a German travel tech company, is building an accommodation search platform to help millions of travelers find their ideal stay for a great value. We save our users time and empower them to get more out of travel by comparing accommodation from leading booking sites. Travelers come to trivago because they know they can rely on our metasearch platform to provide the best deals and deliver search results they love. To accomplish this, we work with a team of international talents eager to develop, take ownership for driving progress, and make a real difference.
Our Global Procurement team manages end-to-end procurement processes to steer our strategy towards value-creating solutions for the company. We recognize that our external partners and vendors have a significant impact on our product and business success. Researching, negotiating and managing the vendors’ lifecycle allows us to unlock our partnerships’ full potential. We are looking for an experienced and driven IT Procurement Specialist to manage a portfolio of vendors and contracts from selected categories like IT software and cloud services. As a strong negotiator, you will manage the vendors in our tech category and improve our strategic sourcing approach.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Manage a portfolio of vendors and contracts in our tech category
- Oversee all aspects of the sourcing cycle from start to finish
- Ensure fast action while keeping the P2P-process compliant
- Contribute to a culture of continual improvement by challenging the status quo and bringing in your individual perspective
- Evangelize best practices for vendor engagement
- Cultivate and manage long-term strategic vendor relationships
- Lead negotiations and biddings and manage stakeholder expectations
- Drive the decision-making process by providing facts and figures to ensure the best possible outcome
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in procurement, ideally in the technology sector
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics or similar field
- Fluency in both written and spoken English language
- An understanding of state-of-the-art technologies like Cloud Services and SaaS business models
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and deliver results within the required timeframe
- The drive to challenge the status quo and proactively improve inefficiencies
What makes you stand out:
- Knowledge of data privacy laws and compliance methods such as SOC
Don’t let these nice-to-haves stop you from applying for the job! As long as you have relevant experience and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Equal opportunity: An all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our customers in our talent force enables us to create a more meaningful product.
International workforce: Collaborate with talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds, and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Relocation: In-house relocation support, reimbursement to cover flight and moving expenses, support with work permit and visa questions, and free German language classes.
Integration: Begin your journey with a structured and fun onboarding approach designed to help you network with other new colleagues and learn about the company.
Ownership: We promote fast decision-making and give you the opportunity to think and act like a business owner.
Growth: Your development is our priority so you’ll get constant challenges, feedback on your work, and online & on-site trainings.
Wellbeing: A modern working environment, complimentary sports classes, on-site gym, and access to Likeminded.
Flexibility: No fixed working hours or amount of vacation days. Instead, we trust the outcome of your work.
Hybrid: A mix of in-person collaboration in our Düsseldorf campus and remote work. You can also spend up to 20 days per year working from abroad (EU and additional countries).
A note from our recruitment team:
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and intimidating, but don’t worry, we’ve got you. Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]. You can also find out more about our hiring process here. We look forward to your application!
To apply for this job please visit careers.trivago.com.