Tourism Coordinator I – State of South Carolina – Jasper
The Hardeeville Welcome Center is strategically located on I-95 Northbound. This Welcome Center offers many great FREE services including: travel information; brochures on exciting destinations in South Carolina; free WiFi access, AT&T International language services; accommodations information for all parts of South Carolina; current weather and traffic information; travel itinerary planning; information on our beautiful State Parks; lodging and theater reservations; mapping and routing information; discount coupons to some of our most inviting attractions; and golf course tee times. Whether you stop in to get a free map, directions, ideas on what to do or where to go, to access WiFi, or simply to take a break, you’ll be sure to find out about what’s happening everywhere in South Carolina right here. Stop in to one of our South Carolina Welcome Centers, and see why South Carolina is JUST RIGHT for your vacation!
- Tourism Coordinator I’s are to provide excellent customer service to every visitor of the Welcome Center, increase visitor spending in South Carolina through front-line information service and promotion of South Carolina destinations, thus influencing current and future visitor travel plans.
- Provide a positive, quality customer service experience to visitors of the Welcome Center.
- Promote destinations and accommodations to visitors in order to extend stays and increase visitor expenditures in South Carolina.
- Expand personal scope of knowledge of South Carolina tourism product and Welcome Center operations by participating in regular training.
- Maintain complete and accurate inventory of literature and promotional materials to support visitor information and customer service efforts.
- Gather and enter traveler research information into database.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Visitor Service staff and partners to ensure program goals and objectives are met. Encourage open communication and practice and promote teamwork within the center and on the Welcome Center grounds.
- Practice and promote teamwork with PRT departments and external tourism partners.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Associate degree in hospitality, marketing, public relations, retail or closely related field preferred, or high school graduate/GED + two years of customer service and public contact experience in a related field.
1) Requires lifting up to 50 pounds, travel, inventory duties, and working 37.5 hour rotation with weekends and holidays. Job includes extensive walking and standing. Computer skills and some overnight training-related travel required. Requires strong customer service skills.
2) Ability to provide visitors with travel-related information; assist visitors with directions and reservations; stock and inventory literature. Job includes extensive walking, standing and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Computer skills and some overnight training-related travel required. Strong customer service, oral and written communication skills required.
3) Valid Drivers License or government issued ID required.
Actual Job Location: Hardeeville Welcome Center.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.