Software Eng II – Java – Backend – Martech
Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you’ll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home. We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel and together find the good out there.Viator’s MarTech and Customer Data Platform Engineering & Operations team creates and maintains the tooling used to bring millions of visitors to viator.com every month. The team owns all Marketing data from end-to-end, including data ingestion, transformation, visualization, and data architecture to ensure best-in-class operational reliability and modularity. The team is expanding and looking for a software engineer to support Viator’s growing traffic and deliver start-of-the-art MarTech solutions. This role is based in our Oxford office.
What You’ll Do
- Design, Implement, document and monitor:
- Reliable, fault-tolerant real-time integrations with marketing partners.
- Tools that assist in managing marketing campaigns at scale.
- End to End Data pipelines, from ingestions to delivery.
- Assist in evaluating integration options with marketing partners.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience focused on Java.
- Strong experience in SQL; can write and debug complex, performant, fail-safe queries.
- Experience with Resful APIs.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud computing technology like Google Cloud, AWS, etc.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and self-learning skills.
- Position may require travel
What Would Be Great To Have
- Experience in working with marketing partners is a plus.
- Understanding of link tracking, pixels/tags, Google Analytics, and marketing attribution.
- BigQuery or Google Cloud Experience.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and platforms.
- E-commerce, or startup experience is a plus.
What You’ll GetHighly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working, with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Oxford office
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 28 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1,050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer.
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 30 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Three one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics – including some coding – and what you would bring to Viator.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit careers.tripadvisor.com.