Social Media Specialist
G Adventures is the world’s largest small-group adventure travel company and we’ve been making epic travel memories happen on all seven continents for over 30 years.
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travelers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us.
The Digital Marketing & E-commerce team is on the hunt for a Social Media Specialist. You’ll be joining a digital team that is in a full rebuild as travel is rebounding.
Are you a passionate, empathetic, social media expert? Do you spend hours scrolling through TikTok and Instagram Reels? Could you roll-call social trends in an instant?
If you answered yes, yes, YES to the above, we want you to join our Social Media team!
We’re looking for a superstar Social Media Specialist who is constantly looking for new ways to educate, engage, and entertain our social media followers. You’ll be working closely with the Social Media Manager to develop strategy and execute social media plans and content across all platforms to make the G Adventures brand and traveller stories come to life.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build brand awareness by developing and implementing social media plans, strategy, and tactics
- Maintain a monthly social media content calendar for all platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Assist in creating content from conception to posting including copywriting, graphic design, and filming/editing short-form videos for TikTok and Instagram
- Leverage user generated photos and videos to promote our brands and tours with traveller stories
- Collaborate with the creative, brand, and paid media teams to support product launches and sales campaigns
- Contribute to monitoring public and private engagement on all active social media platforms, including partnering with the Reservations and Customer Solutions teams when needed to advise them of social media issues, escalations, and resolutions
- Ensure our global brand identity/messaging is consistent across regions for our social media content marketing
- Develop reporting, ensuring social media content is effective in driving engagement
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in marketing, communications, travel and tourism, social media, or equivalent training and experience
- 2+ years of experience in social media and community management for consumer facing brands
- Experience with social media management platforms such as Social Sprout and Later
- Experience with content creation tools and video editing is an asset
- Being comfortable in front of camera is a plus
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment, can multitask effectively, and can communicate effectively with other teams
- Keen sense of brand voice, tone, and storytelling
- Fluent in English, with strong writing and communications skills to effectively engage our social followers and potential new customers
- Proven track record of improving organic social engagement and brand identity online by applying social best practices
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary commensurate with the role
- Competitive benefits package
- Birthday day off
- Vacation time for you to recharge
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Learning and growth opportunities
*Applicable based on location*
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations. If you require accommodation, please reach out to the Global Talent team at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit gadventures.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.