Ski & Ride School Administrative Supervisor – Alterra – Winter Park
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Owned by the City of Denver and managed by Alterra/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park Resort plays a vital role in the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
The Administrative Supervisor will directly oversee two assistants to successfully implement all administrative functions for the Winter Park Ski + Ride School. The primary functions are recruiting, on- and off-boarding, scheduling, payroll, and employee experience. This position will assist with programs administration and related trainings. The SRS Administrative Supervisor fosters a friendly, informative, and efficient atmosphere and is ready to assist with all aspects of the SRS operation. This position is Full Time for 9 months a year and is benefit eligible.
- Work closely with the SRS Administrative Manager to ensure a team of two assistants are prepared for a successful season. Assists with long-term project planning.
- Assist with programs design and application including building or editing schedule/pay codes, organizing staff groups, staff profile accuracy, process adjustments & sending related communications.
- Manage recruiting database and daily tasks including interview requests, sending offers, regular follow ups, offering employee housing and initiating onboarding steps.
- Oversee & be prepared to participate with all front-line administrative tasks regularly throughout the winter season. Delegate daily tasks to SRS Administrative Assistants, monitor for accuracy and offer corrections if required.
- Audit payroll weekly for accuracy. Work closely with the HR Payroll Manager and SRS Administrative Manager on corrections or edits. Manages timekeeping for SRS hourly staff.
- Operate as first point of escalation for SRS staff needing assistance with admin-related topics.
- With SRS Administrative team, coordinate employee culture and engagement efforts such as SRS-specific perks or benefits, events, and clear communications.
- Be knowledgeable about all Resort policies and ensure appropriate paperwork is completed whenever necessary. This includes incident reports, DAs, transfers, and terminations. Regularly enforce all Resort and SRS policies.
- Prepare and deliver trainings as assigned.
- Support the SRS Administrative Team, SRS operations, and related departments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College Degree preferred, Bachelors Degree in Business Administration preferred
- At least one year in a supervisory capacity is preferred.
- Strong background in Microsoft suite is required.
- Experience with RTPOne preferred.
- Experience with one or more HRIS system including UKG, Kronos, UltiPro, or Workday preferred.
- Two years of experience in office administration including record keeping, database management, personnel management is required.
- Strong guest and employee relations skills are required.
- Experience working in the ski industry or ski/snowboard school operations is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and supervisory qualities
- Excellent time management
- Effective and efficient organizational and administrative skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Interpersonal communication & guest service acumen
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and strategic decision making
- Superior oral and written skills
- Enjoys working as part of a tightknit team
- Ability to work on a computer constantly and throughout regular interruptions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is required to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
COMPENSATION: Hourly wage range: $25.00-26.50
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.