VP of Operations
VP of OPERATIONS
Location: Seward, Alaska
Job Type: Full-time (non-seasonal)
Pay: Wage-Salary (DOE); bonus potential
Kenai Backcountry Adventures is seeking an action-oriented VP of Operations to join our team located in Seward, Alaska. Demonstrated success as a leader in similar settings is required of the VP of Operations.
Kenai Backcountry Adventures’ portfolio of offerings spans throughout the state of Alaska with each team member sharing a commitment to superior service and purveying an exceptional experience for our guests, clients, and partners.
Our VP of Operations is a generalist and a specialist who is familiar with all areas of business and can coordinate processes and operations across the organization. The VP of Operations must speak the languages of finance and accounting, operations, sales, marketing, human resources, research and development, and design. The VP of Operations ensures that all functional areas for strategy, structure, budgets, people, financial outcomes, and scorecard metrics are functioning at the highest levels and capacities at all times.
We intend to strengthen our industry-presence and business leadership with a VP of Operations who is action-oriented, sales-minded, organized, attune to details, passionate about people, life, and travel.
Who is the ideal VP of Operations candidate?
- You are a leader with a passion for the outdoors and wild places
- Professional at the core, with an enthusiasm that can’t be stopped
- You can work circles around your peers, you’re known for your work-ethic
- You can multitask like a pro
- You have experience working in the Adventure Travel industry
- You have a minimum of 5-10 years experience in an operations management role
- You build sales teams and have a high degree of sales acumen
- Management and training experience; self-motivated leader; yet unafraid to be a team player, working through tasks and details.
- Enjoys setting and working towards targets and goals.
- Driven for exceptional, 5-star service with excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills with a variety of personality types.
- Travel and/or high-end hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Understanding of marketing automation tools and experience with applications is preferred.
- Aptitude for organization as a system-driven thinker and excellent process management skills.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented; able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks, consistently meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Enjoys adapting to new priorities and deadlines in a high-paced and fast-changing environment; able to excel working both individually and as part of a team.
- Adept at working in databases and managing extensive amounts of data.
- Prefer geographic, cultural, and natural history knowledge in key destinations marketed and sold by KBA.
- Advanced computer skills required and ability to quickly master new technologies.
- Superior judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; focus in business, leadership, sales, or operations
- Strategic planning skills: must ensure the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan for the organization and/or divisions.
- Financial planning skills: responsible for looking at the future of the business and making key investments and investment recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills: must be able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Leadership skills: responsible for leading entire business divisions of the organization.
- Paid Time Off / Vacation
- Paid holidays
- Healthcare plan
- Retirement plan
- Friends and family discounts
- Award trips
- Company outings
- Product discounts
- Pro deals, industry discounts
- Waiting period may apply
Compensation & Benefits (DOE)Please submit a resume, and a cover letter including salary requirements for consideration.
KBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.