Senior Product Designer, Design System
At GetYourGuide, we are on a mission to change the way people travel by giving them access to unforgettable experiences wherever they are. Visiting the Colosseum underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome – people value experiences that connect them with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about our mission and design is a critical part of it.
What you’ll do:
- You will contribute to maintain, and document Compass, the GYG design system, to drive consistency in our products and user experience.
- You will contribute to planning and prioritization of the Compass roadmap based on internal and customer needs.
- You will develop a user-centered point of view on your product area and advocate for user needs in a collaborative way.
- You will develop and iterate on UX design solutions across web, native apps, and other surfaces.
- You will contribute to exploring design challenges with a variety of approaches and techniques in order to help your team orient in the problem spaces.
- You will contribute with UX researchers to testing your designs and work with engineers to ensure the highest quality bar in the final deliverables.
- You will apply actionable user insights from data and qualitative research to inform your designs and UX decisions.
- You will contribute to product reviews with constructive feedback supporting your peers’ decision making and quality of work.
- You will be a contributor with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers in solving customer problems and improving our user experience.
- You will communicate frequently and clearly with your stakeholders to facilitate alignment, create shared understanding, and explain your design rationale.
What you should bring:
- Minimum 3+ years experience with end-to-end UX design in a start-up, SMB, large company with a digital offering, or design consulting agency;
- A problem-solving mindset, focusing on outcomes and not output, and applying user feedback or multivariate testing tools to validate UX designs;
- Familiarity with designing for multiple platforms, including mobile and desktop and with approaches and techniques such as responsive design or mobile-first;
- A basic understanding of coding and the ability of communicating well with engineers;
- Examples that demonstrate an understanding of and ability to contribute to visual design, including branding, composition, and UI components;
- Demonstrable ability to bring ideas to life through prototyping through simple click-thru mock-ups;
- Ability to present design concepts and final designs, articulate the decision rationale behind them, and build a product vision;
- Demonstrable ability to be proactive and comfortable with working autonomously;
- Experience working closely within cross-disciplinary product teams, including Product Managers and Engineers.
- A portfolio of case studies showcasing relevant work that illustrates your process and approach to UX design.
The Compass Product Designer will be responsible for building and maintaining the GetYourGuide design system, alongside a Senior Product Designer and a team of engineers. The role is highly impactful and strategic because it affects all customer facing product teams in our organization. The Compass Product Designer will contribute to improving the consistency and quality of our products, and increasing the productivity of our design and engineering teams. To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate needs to have a collaborative attitude, excellent communication skills, and a detail-oriented attention to design consistency and usability challenges. A thoughtful design vision, the ability to see the future of GetYourGuide products, championing the voice of our users and bringing our joyful travel brand to life across our product, will be essential success factors.
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance with a great team to support your move to Berlin;
- GetYourGuide Stock options;
- Private pension scheme;
- Annual external training budget ;
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation;
- Discounted UrbanSports membership;
- Discounted GetYourGuide activities;
- Discounted German classes.
About the GYG UX team
We are a multi-disciplinary team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences. Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
Are you interested in sharing our values and adding to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide.
To apply for this job please visit careers.getyourguide.com.