Welcome to CamperDays, the #1 campervan comparison website in Europe!
We are looking for a passionate Senior Backend Developer, specialised in PHP and Symfony, to join our amazing team at CamperDays.
Currently available in five countries, we help our customers to rent a campervan all around the world. Campervan rental is a growing market that right now is undergoing a massive process of digitalization. Building an international platform to provide the perfect camper holiday is our ambitious goal and we believe that it will be well worth it.
If this resonates with you, we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply!
YOU LOVE WHEN…
- Focusing on the backend functionality as part of a full-stack team.
- Making architectural and design decisions at application level to develop new customer-facing features and improve our existing codebase.
- Integrate new partners through APIs.
- Manage and improve our CI/CD pipelines.
- Monitor the health and performance of the platform.
WHY YOU MUST JOIN US?
- You can expect an appreciative and familiar team culture.
- Among other benefits, you can access to online training tools, language classes, gympass and medical health insurance!
- We have two really nice workplaces either in the center of sunny Alicante (Spain) or in Cologne (Germany).
- In our company, constructive feedback is always welcome and needed.
- Quality time for yourself is a must! We care about work/life balance. That’s why we stick to 40 hours a week, offer flexible working hours and home office schemes.
- We do regular team reviews that help colleagues integrate into the progress of their peers and learn new things.
- We support personal development and encourage people to participate in conferences and advanced training courses.
- And last, but not least, we enjoy celebrating joint successes!
OUR CAMPERDAYS HERO!
- High proficiency in PHP 7 (soon we expect to work on PHP 8) and experience with backend frameworks, especially Symfony is the foundation of your successful start with us.
- You have experience and feel comfortable working with SQL, Nginx, Docker, Doctrine, APIs, testing frameworks or similar tools and technologies.
- You are used to keeping an eye on testing, clean code and architecture.
- We are team players, so you should be one too. We encourage team members to disagree when making an important decision and to commit to the decision once it has been made.
- We value good communication skills, direct feedback, positive attitude and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand.
- We expect strong English communication skills, both spoken and written
OUR CURRENT STACK INCLUDES
- PHP 7.4.23
- Symfony 5.4
- Nginx 1.18
- Doctrine ORM 2.10
Do you wonder which other tools we work with?
- PHPStorm, VS Code or similar
- New Relic
- G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Jira or Confluence for communications and knowledge sharing
THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES WITH YOU!
This is a sweet moment to join the team. Among others, we are currently redesigning our website, improving the architecture of our platform following hexagonal architecture and DDD principles to accommodate our future requirements; migrating our infrastructure to Amazon Web Services using Terraform, revamping our CI/CD pipelines and launching new other products, and you can participate in their design & development from the scratch!
Apply to this opportunity now and be one of our first applicants. Please, don’t be shy and include your salary expectations, potential starting date and whatever other information that may be important to you.
We cannot wait to welcome you onboard!
Tagged as: PHP developer
To apply for this job please visit www.billiger-mietwagen.de.