Senior Meeting Planner
- This position is to focus on a key account that is high level, high touch focus for all meeting details.
- This role has strategic importance and high accountability due to the business-critical impact on the sales force, our customers and the company contribution to profitability.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, content oversight and program implementation for ALTOUR’s strategic meetings management programs, incentives, conferences & events.
- Manage the day by day plan of action for assigned programs including planning, communications, travel engagement, logistics, data management, third-party purchasing, budget development/management, financial reporting and travel technology performance for ALTOUR current and future clients that affect all aspects of the business.
- This position can work from home.***
The salary range on this job posting/advertising has been developed to give applicants a wide range to comply with pay transparency laws in all states and geographical areas. Many factors, such as years of experience, geographical location, budget etc. are considered when determining the starting rate of pay.This role may be eligible for an incentive, commission, bonus, or a discretionary bonus program based on the company’s financial goal achievement and individual performance.
- Critical responsibilities for client communications and reporting
- Requires high performance skills in project management, client and internal team management.
- Leads weekly client team meetings with team members to discuss volume, productivity, customer deliverables, process, and service levels . Provide strategic direction with client to develop meeting objectives, maximize impact of events and communication
- Serves as a mentor in the areas of forecasting, costing and budgeting, and reviews team members’ program budgets for designated client
- Proven ability to build strong client relationships
- Proven ability to build strong internal team communication
- Provide a high level of customer service and guidance in handling problem resolutions
- Maintains proactive, positive, open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction
- Manages day to day maintenance of client budgets and data to ensure that accurate data is available at the time of quarterly review
- Manage and deliver quarterly review data meeting with designated clients.
- Manages client final bill summary and internal profitability projection vs actualization
- Manage CVENT travel technology platform in the enterprise-wide application of the following:
- Registration & Reporting
- Oversee and manage event details, including budget development, transportation manifests, agendas, meeting materials, etc.
- Manage budgets, control costs, and comply with financial profitability and pricing targets
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize effectively while managing multiple projects
- Ability to work in a team environment as a contributor
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed
- 7+ years related experience in the meeting/Incentive industry
- 3-4 years planning high profile programs
- Client & relationship development and retention
- Ability to present to key client stakeholders and C level executives with high level of professionalism
- Detailed understanding of meeting and incentive planning with specific assignments in the program delivery phase of a program
- Manage third-party vendors in procurement of incentive, meeting and events program elements
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors and internal team members
- Strong understanding of billing and financial accrual process
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong project and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Write and edit content for registration websites & produce all travel communications
- Source, price and procure printing support for communications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, SmartSheet, Teams
- Ability to Travel primarily in US and possibly overseas up to 25% of the time
- Must be able to work weekends and nights during travel periods of program operation or client meetings.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong Driver of all project timelines & team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in developing and managing projects
Experience Preferred In The Following Travel Technology Platforms.
CVENTAventriSmartsheetInternova Travel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.Our benefit offerings include choice of two medical plans and two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs), company-paid life insurance and AD&D, optional additional life insurance and AD&D, disability insurance, paid parental leave, paid time off, 401k Plan with company match, discounted employee travel options, access to LinkedIn Learning webinars and courses. Discounted pet insurance and auto, home, & renters insurance.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.