Senior Manager, Future Tourism, Strategic Partner Development (Based in USA)
In an increasing complex world where industries and lines are blurring, do you relish the opportunity to proactively synthesise technology disruption, consumer trends and develop creative applications for the tourism sector?
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is looking for a resourceful and well-connected Bay Area insider to join our team to help connects the dots between tourism, new trends and the big tech industry. This specialist role will be an integral part of a cross function set-up that aimed to forge longer lens strategic partnerships and alliances with US-based global technology, tourism and lifestyle, and experience partners to translate tourism applications and effect greater impact on Singapore’s tourism development roadmap.
- Be the intel for the Future Tourism unit. Provide timely reporting on market trends, landscape scans, analytical research and insights that would aid in the work required. Conduct regular frontline monitoring of global technology and business developments.
- Build business network on behalf of STB. Identify platforms, opportunities and build a robust network of potential collaboration partners with the ability to bridge gaps and/or augment Singapore’s visitor experience. Be the link to speed up establishment of connections, assist to launch calls and meetings.
- Develop in-depth company briefs to augment understanding of these potential partners, including their latest developments and new areas of interest to help identify possible business collaborations opportunities. Chart partner engagement roadmaps through consultation with business partners and internal stakeholders to maximise tourism development outcomes
- Execute administrative preparation associated with partner engagements, which includes developing pitch decks, generating meetings reports, ensuring prompt follow-ups from meetings to working with legal on drafting collaboration agreements.
- Assist in managing negotiations and potential collaboration initiatives between business partners and socialising support from cross function internal business units for product pilots.
- Perform Project Management (PM) functions in tech product development for Proof of Concepts (POCs) in tourism applications working alongside a team of developers, UX, data scientists, business users.
- Formulate Go-to-Market strategy and roadmap for products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing business partnerships and/or business consulting or project management functions in technology companies
- Is well tuned-in with the insider scene in the Bay Area with the tenacity and ability to open up connections
- Possesses entrepreneurial drive and business acumen, with the ability to utilise analytical skills to synthesis key areas of business interests
- Has strong organisational skills and is able to manage multiple concurrent projects with good time management
- Open to independent, agile, and collaborative work approach to manage a diverse set of United States and Singapore stakeholders from a remote desk position
- Previous experience/ strong knowledge in technology product developments, extended reality (XR) and immersive media advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to assist in maintaining relations with potential business partners, government agencies, and internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Exhibit keen interest in global technology and business developments
- Knowledge of the tourism industry and/or Singapore as a destination is advantageous, but not a requirement
- This role is based in the United States and would require some travelling domestically within the United States and to Singapore.
- All applicants must have the necessary authorisation to work in the United States.
Application Status: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks from the closing date of this job posting. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.