Senior Data Analyst
TourRadar is a Series D, venture-backed Adventure Booking Platform disrupting a $200 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day adventures are booked, we provide Operators with a platform that helps them manage, market, and sell their organised adventures to travellers and distribution partners directly worldwide.With over 40 different nationalities in our team and with offices in Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible booking experience. Launched in 2010, we proudly develop and innovate with exceptional talent and we are looking to scale our team.
The Analytics Team is focused on providing deep-dive analytics and insights to improve the business and the customer experience. This is a versatile team, that works with stakeholders from all business areas (Product, Business Development, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Support) and has an end-to-end involvement: from the alignment of tracking requirements to the implementation of pipelines (in collaboration with Data Engineering Team) to the development of visualizations and extraction of insights, that, ultimately, lead to better business decisions. We are currently looking to expand our Analytics Team with a Senior Data Analyst (Full-Time) preferably in Vienna or remotely within Europe.
What will you do?
- Custom reporting via SQL and BI tools, with the purpose of providing valuable information and recommendations to stakeholders and the Leadership team.
- Identify, understand, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Communicate findings and provide insights to support hypotheses.
- Present data insights to stakeholders and in general company meetings.
- Perform data quality audits to maintain and assure data integrity.
- Proactively support and participate in key initiatives; define new opportunities on the business or the process front.
- Work closely with our Tech team to define key source data, required reporting metrics, assess the status of existing reporting capabilities and work with teams on finding the right solutions.
- Support teams with experiment design, analysis and next steps in a data-driven culture, fueled by the power of Experimentation.
- This role is mainly focused on Product Analytics, but occasionally, it also provides support to other business units.
Who are you?
- Solid background in Mathematics, Computer Science or Statistics.
- A professional with at least 5+ years of experience with Data Analytics, preferably with an e-commerce orientation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database utilization, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong SQL and Python knowledge (including experience of writing queries) and experience with relational databases.
- Experience with modern reporting and data visualization tools: Looker (preferable), Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Experience in A/B or multivariate testing and using statistical analysis to assess the results.
- Good presentation and communication skills, ability to explain complex technical problems in simple words to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in preparing slide decks to stakeholders, including upper management.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
What can you expect?
- Awesome Office: Located in the heart of Vienna’s 1st District, our headquarters and its surroundings are second to none when it comes to atmosphere. Every day we enjoy an open office floor plan, complete with our “barketing department”, foosball games, and deluxe coffee machines that keep us buzzing.
- Location: Vienna is a thriving startup hub, with ample opportunities to grow your network and enjoy the benefits of a city ranked number one for Quality of Living for ten years running! Affordable for families and young professionals, filled with nature parks, a lively restaurant scene, rolling vineyards, and plenty of art, culture, and events to enjoy on your weekends.
- Flexibility: Work from home, or our beautiful office and enjoy flexible working hours that allow you to structure your days how you please.
- Office Exchange: As we’re privileged to have three offices across the globe (Vienna, Toronto, and Brisbane), we encourage everyone to make use of our Office Exchange program. You will have the chance to get to know your colleagues better and become a local in a new city.
- Diversity: Thrive in an international work environment that has more than 35 different nationalities under one roof. English is our official working language, but keep your ears peeled for a multitude of languages lingering in the hallways!
- Regular team outings and events: Enjoy virtual or in-person team nights at least once a month with different themes and activities to keep us all connected. Expect spontaneous events and trips together from hiking trips, wine tasting, rock climbing, and more.
- Workgroups: Join like-minded team members in voluntary workgroups around topics like wellbeing, sustainability or company culture to actively shape how we work at TourRadar
- Well-being: Mobile working and disconnected working from managers and team members have unique challenges that are different from working in an office. We are aware that even though we are working hard, it is always important to maintain a healthy work-life balance and manage our mental health. To provide the necessary help you have free and anonymous access to check-ins, therapy & workshops led by an external curated team of professionals.
- Training & Development: With annual training and development opportunities in place, we support each other through yearly Development and Reflection Talks (DaRT) to discuss individual development opportunities and future career paths. At our thriving start-up, there are many opportunities to grow and develop your skills through cross-departmental projects in our rapidly growing industry.
- On top of this, you’ll also enjoy a monthly EUR 25 home office allowance for costs arising from working remotely, quarterly team lunches, employee discounts on all TourRadar adventures, and many more!
Through a flexible startup atmosphere, flat hierarchies, and transparent lines of communication we welcome new ideas from fresh minds, so apply now and seize the chance of being part of a highly flexible and motivated team revolutionizing how multi-day adventures are booked all around the world!
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
To apply for this job please visit tourradar.talentlyft.com.