Senior Content Manager
ARE YOU OUR NEW CONTENT MANAGER?
This listing is for our storytelling platform resonate.travel
At Resonate, our mission is to nurture local pride as the most sustainable asset in any community. We do this by offering space for local people to share their own stories and let the narrative be driven from within their communities. At Resonate we are also building a community of travelers who choose to engage with and respect the communities around the world that they visit. We aim to shift that traveler-first mentality to one that prioritises the health and well-being of the destinations people visit and the people who live there.
We are searching for a part-time Content Manager to work with writers worldwide. This person will receive story pitches and guide them through the writing process as well as support the web tech and assist with other copywriting as needed. We strive to create an equitable and accessible travel writing ecosystem through Resonate, offering a platform to storytellers who are often overlooked. This is a great opportunity to give people around the globe the ability and space to tell their own stories from their own perspectives, help promote the positive sustainable impacts of a story and build a bridge between local storytellers and the travel community.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Finding writers through online callouts, networking, or similar means
- Reviewing pitches from writers and assigning stories
- Working with writers from all over the world and guiding them through our process
- Mentoring promising storytellers who may not be writers or speak English as a first language
- Developing a diverse content calendar with a variety of article types, featured destinations, and writers
- Following our Article Content Calendar and tracking system from pitch to publication to payment
- Managing contracts with the writers and in collaboration with the Resonate team
- Editing articles aligned with the style guide
- Preparing for publication in collaboration with our tech team
- Sourcing 2 – 3 stories per week for the website, and occasionally stock photography for these stories
- Preparing social medial content for the article that allows for it
- Occasionally writing copy for the website, newsletter, or other pieces of Resonate content
REQUIRED SKILLS AND PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS:
- Experienced writer and editor, and ability to use British English
- Passion for sustainable and ethical travel at heart
- Ability to be efficient, structured, and detail oriented
- Excellent at multi-tasking and managing assignments in various stages of the publication process
- In constant search for untold stories
- Patience, flexibility, and interest in coaching new writers through the writing process
- Preferably has a strong, global network and capacity to reach out to potential writers
Resonate.travel is powered by Ethical Travel Portal and you will be part of the ETP team. We are based in Norway, but work from different corners of the world. This position is also based on home office, from wherever you are located. Full onboarding training will be given. Approximately 10-12 hours / week. Interested? Send a letter of motivation and CV to Linda Veråsdal on e-mail [email protected]
You must sign in to apply for this position.