Toronto to Niagara Falls Tour Guide and Driver – See Sight Tours – Toronto
Toronto to Niagara Tour Guide and Driver
See Sight Tours provides guests with private and semi-private tours of Niagara Falls. Employees are to create an exciting and enjoyable experience for customers, by removing the stress of travel and taking care of all of the tickets, line-ups and also engaging in relevant conversation with regards to the sights.
Being an award-winning company, customer service is our #1 priority. We require all employees to be caring, helpful, and enjoy dealing with people on a daily basis.
Our tour guides must be able to lead multiple groups of visitors through points of historical, cultural or regional interests. They will be able to provide in-depth knowledge about destinations frequented by tourists, and vacationers from all around the world. Tour guides must be able to retain historical facts, dates and anecdotes, and then relay that information to visitors in an entertaining, and informative way. Guides should be able to drive while presenting commentary, as well as coordinate pre-arranged tour activities such as visits to local attractions, restaurants and shops throughout Niagara. Our tour guides will be trained on-the-job, but will also require a tour guide license mandated by the Niagara Parks Commission’s office.
This position is perfect for:
- Students looking for a fun summer position
- Anyone fresh out of school looking to gain experience in tourism
- Anyone looking for a job where:
- You are never stuck inside an office
- Have freedom to work independently
- Interact with people from all over the world
• June – November (Opportunities to work part time during the winter)
• Guides are to collect guests in the downtown Toronto area and travel to Niagara Falls to conduct the tour (*Please note: Our guides drive as well as give the tours)
o Timeline: 7am-7:30am Pick-ups/7:30am-9am Travel to Niagara/9am-2pm Tours/2-4pm Return to Toronto/4-4:30pm drop-offs
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• Work hours vary between 7am and 5pm
• Fast paced work environment
• Detailed communication with other employees is an asset
• Starting wage $17.50 plus gratuities (Gratuities can range anywhere from $50-$200/day)
Duties and responsibilities of employees include but are not limited to:
• Prepare vehicle prior to tour: Clean inside and out, fill gas tank, circle check
• Check morning pick-ups and prepare best route
• Complete pick-ups and contact dispatch to notify of problems and successful pick ups
• Introduce yourself and each visitor in a professional and friendly manner and create a relaxed environment for guests to enjoy
• Narrate while driving between destinations, informing guests of all the sights and information about the area.
• Take care of all ticket purchases and walk guests to and from vehicle/attractions
• Make sure guests are aware of meeting point and time following attraction
• Drop off guests at required hotels/ agreed drop off location. Perform inside vehicle check to ensure no items have been forgotten
• Return vehicle and complete necessary documentation.
• Some college or university education
• Driving experience for 5+ years
• Must have valid and clean driver’s license abstract
• Previous knowledge of area is not required
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Ability to organize oneself and others
• Honest, responsible and reliable
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
• Handle stress without appearing to be bothered
• Multiple languages are also beneficial but not required
• Working cell phone
To apply for this job please visit see-sight-tours.breezy.hr.