Accounting Supervisor – San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance – San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance – San Diego
We are excited that you are continuing to grow your career as a Wildlife Ally! San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance recognizes that our team members play a crucial role in driving our conservation efforts forward and bringing us close to a world where all life thrives.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Accounting Supervisor supports the Accounting Manager in overseeing the general accounting functions including: periodic reporting, research, journal entries, accounts receivable, and fixed asset and audit schedules. The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for monitoring continuous improvement projects, keeping the team moving forward. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for oversight of Accountants, including but not limited to, hiring, training and performance management.
- Review and post journal entries, ensuring compliance with policy/GAAP and review reconciliations and propose improvements to the processes.
- Supervise the preparation of the quarterly deep dives into the balance sheet and maintain the weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc calendars. Review contracts and agreements and ensure accurate recognition on the financial statements.
- Review complex schedules and validate appropriate financial recognition of assets and liabilities.
- Assist in gathering audit schedules and reviewing prior to submission.
- Collaborate with business partners and Finance team members.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A candidate who is a curious problem solver that looks to technology to streamline processes.
- JOB EXPERIENCE
- Four years of accounting experience required.
- Two years of experience guiding or training others required.
- EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- CPA or related accreditation candidate or licensee holder preferred.
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and
- meet deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong understanding of controls and technology and ability to leverage technology to make things easier.
- Able to operate Excel at a high level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a diverse organization.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Position Type: Regular Salaried Non-Union Exempt
- Pay: $78,400 to $86,680
At San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, we thrive on celebrating our differences. Diversity is vital for the benefit of our team members, our guests, our community, and our wildlife.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to [email protected] and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
As a Federal Contractor, San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a drug free workplace
To apply for this job please visit us63.dayforcehcm.com.