Guest Ambassador – Part Time – San Diego Zoo – San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance – San Diego
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a nonprofit international conservation leader, committed to inspiring a passion for nature and creating a world where all life thrives. Empowering people from around the globe to support our mission to conserve wildlife through innovation and partnerships, we support cutting-edge conservation, and bring the stories of our work back to our two world-famous front doors – the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park – giving millions of guests, in person and virtually, the opportunity to experience conservation in action. The deep and extensive knowledge gained from more than a century of experience in wildlife care, health, veterinary services, nutrition and conservation makes us invaluable in the global effort to save species. Our team members play a crucial role in driving our conservation efforts forward and bringing us closer to a world where all life thrives.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Guest Ambassador is committed to the department’s mission and vision of providing the finest customer service to each guest by actively engaging in meaningful guest encounters. The Guest Ambassador performs a variety of duties providing assistance to the organization visitors. This position reports to the Guest Ambassador Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provides guest service by greeting guests, providing directions/general information, and maintains crowd control as needed.
- Checks various forms of admission and applicable identification, utilizes variety of tools to maintain proper attendance counts.
- Provides special event support, works with outside vendors and provides transportation utilizing company vehicles.
- Responds to guest inquiries and refers questions/concerns to Guest Services/Duty Manager as appropriate.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- JOB EXPERIENCE
- Customer service and/or guest relations experience
- EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current valid California driver’s license in good standing
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to manage internal and external customer interactions with a high level of tact and diplomacy
- Able to effectively work in a team environment
- Able to communicate and work well with others
- Ability to take direction
- Knowledge of how to use two-way radio equipment
- Ability to use point-of-sales automated systems
- Bilingual preferred
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Position Type: Regular Part-Time Hourly Non-Exempt Position
Be an ally for wildlife by joining our team!
At San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, we thrive on celebrating our differences. Diversity is vital for the benefit of our team members, our guests, our community, and our wildlife.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to [email protected] and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
As a Federal Contractor, San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a drug free workplace
To apply for this job please visit us62e2.dayforcehcm.com.