Ballpark Tour Guide – San Diego Padres – San Diego
DEPARTMENT: Ballpark Tours
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Tourism Sales
STATUS: Part-Time; Non-Exempt
San Diego Padres Commitment:
The San Diego Padres are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees. We strive to create an environment for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin.
We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
San Diego Padres Petco Park Promise:
Our service values drive our behaviors to create the best experience for all of our guests who visit Petco Park. As a team member at Petco Park, we genuinely and passionately care about our guests, our ballpark and each other. We make meaningful and memorable connections that set us apart from other venues and experiences. Each position on our team actively lives out this nonnegotiable commitment every day to CARE, CONNECT, EXCEED.
Your role as a Ballpark Tour Guide:
The San Diego Padres are looking to add friendly, motivated individuals to provide public and private tours of Petco Park on game days and non-gamedays tours, sell tickets at the ticket window, and field walk-up customers on a year-round basis.
All the responsibilities we will trust you with:
- Exemplifying our Petco Park Promise: CARE, CONNECT, EXCEED by proactively welcoming all guests to the ballpark and consistently striving to exceed all guests’ expectations
- Conducting tours of the ballpark throughout the calendar year, including walk-up, pre-game, private and event tours
- Responding to any ballpark tour inquiries in-person or by phone and serving as ballpark ambassadors by representing the Padres brand during tours and private events
- Serving as a ballpark information specialists by continuely knowing the most up to date information regarding the ballpark and responding appropriately to guest comments, questions and requests
- Collecting admission fees and/or scannning tickets from guests
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matter most:
- Being consistent, punctual, and have reliable attendance
- Having the ability to speak clearly and project audibly in an organized and entertaining fashion before large groups of individuals
- Having the ability to interact and entertain a wide variety of guests, from youth field trips to senior tour groups
- Having a strong ability to communicate effectively and work well with others in a collaborative, respectful manner
- Having the ability to read, understand and communicate Petco Park policies and procedures or other Ballpark information
- Possessing a high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability
- Being bi-lingual in English/Spanish or English/Japanese is a plus but not necessary
You will be required to meet the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of employment
- Minimum physical requirements: able to walk/stand for long periods of time, as well as travel to many areas of the ballpark using stairs or elevators on any given shift; able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- As a condition of employment, you must successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check
Salary and Additional Compensation:
Per the California pay transparency law, the pay rate for this position is $17.91 per hour. Part- time non-union employees are subject to the San Diego Living Wage Ordinance and rates will increase accordingly.
In addition to your hourly rate, the Padres offer PTO, employee discounts, appreciation, and recognition opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hireology.com.