Travel Operations Manager
Kimkim is a fast-growing startup that helps travelers have unforgettable, authentic travel experiences. We deliver this through a marketplace that connects independent travelers with local specialists who design personalized itineraries including activities, accommodations, and transportation.
We are looking for a self-motivated and ambitious travel operations manager who be responsible for the execution of the booked tour programs. The Travel Operations Manager’s responsibilities will be two-fold. One part of the responsibility is to execute the booked tour programs. This includes reserving hotel, air, transfers, and all other travel services for the tour. The travel operations manager should have great attention to detail, to ensure that all confirmed services details are up-to-date and accurate.
The second part of the travel operations manager’s role will be to work hand-in-hand with the product & engineering teams to re-imagine how the operations process can be improved. With the product and engineering teams, the right candidate can help design a world-class operations product that can be scaled to many different destinations.
- Confirming hotel, air, rail, tour, transfer, and other travel services
- Scheduling and ensuring the accuracy of transfer, travel, and tour services
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date information on all confirmed services
- Ensuring that all requests are processed within the specified time schedule
- Negotiating rates and researching suitable travel products
- Maintaining good relationships with partners and ensuring suppliers provide services in line with company guidelines
- Overseeing client itineraries and documents and ensuring prompt delivery
- Managing calls from clients in travel and responding to any questions or concerns effectively
- Develop and maintain metrics, analytical reports, key performance indicators to optimize operations
- Develop and deliver workflow process and systems improvements within operations, and work closely with the product and engineering teams to create a world-class operations product.
As the operations manager at kimkim, you will be given ownership of the operations process and the success of our traveler’s trips. Because of the level of responsibility, we are seeking candidates with a track record of entrepreneurship and who show a strong ability to deliver results.
- You have excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- You will have impeccable attention to detail
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager to learn, experiment, and continuously strive to improve
- Are highly adaptable and able to operate effectively in a rapidly changing startup environment
- Are highly organized and able to prioritize and track multiple projects at once
- Have solid analytical skills, and are able to leverage data to drive key decisions
- Are excited to build strong relationships with both partners and colleagues
- Have a strong track record of delivering what you set out to do (and letting colleagues know when unexpected delays happen)
- Are able to work independently, with support from a global team
- Are eager to proactively take on new projects and more responsibility
- Have a passion for travel and a good intuition for travel planning
- The ability to communicate in additional languages Spanish and/or Italian is a bonus
This position can be based out of kimkim’s Boulder, Colorado office, or based in kimkim’s San Francisco office. We are open to partially remote arrangements.
Please note that this role will require some evening and weekend work, and is not on a strict 9-5 basis. Kimkim offers extensive opportunities for career growth in a small startup environment.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
You must sign into apply for this position.