Tours Coordinator – Saint Louis Zoo – Saint Louis
The Tours program is a mission centric operation that provides fun, engaging and educational experiences for our guests while generating revenue to support the Zoo. Highlight our world-class institution with these unique opportunities that provide the ability for people to connect with animals. Provide support for philanthropic arm of the organization with development tour programming, after-hours use of animal buildings for event activity, as well as special scheduled keeper chats.
- Reports to the management of the Guest Experience Department.
- Facilitate and lead tour programming for guests
- Act as a Liaison between Animal Division and Guest Experience:
- Develop new tour opportunities
- Develop and coordinate set schedules for tours
- Assist with requests and scheduling for after-hours use of Animal Care areas
- Complete training with Animal Care divisions to facilitate more tours
- Work with Development on selection and access to tours for philanthropic activities
- Assist with scheduling and training Tour Guides
- Work as a tour guide as needed
- Assist with Volunteer Engagement as needed
- Assist Guest Relations with the scheduling and booking of tours as requested and needed
- Including communications on guest accommodations
- Schedule and book A La Carte tour experiences
- Oversee daily communications to all parties regarding tour capacities, accommodations, and what is and is not available for sale on a given day
- Assist with marketing and promotional materials as needed including website, social media, and signs
- Make suggestions for improvements or new programming based on experience with guests, as well as reviewing survey data
- Assist with financial recordkeeping
- Maintain intranet housed schedule for internal viewing
- Assist in meeting revenue goals and meeting budget expectations
- Weekends and holidays are required with a normal schedule of one mostly set weekend day each week
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in customer relations and animal care preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required. Strong preference will be given to internal candidates with animal care experience and familiar with internal policies, procedures and protocols.
- Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented atmosphere with an open-cubicle environment, when working at the Zoo.
- Qualified candidates must possess the following skill sets: strong customer service, public speaking, project and time management, interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent communication and planning along with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be detail oriented, positive, energetic, and capable of working under pressure and possess ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks and work independently.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs, stand and walk for extended periods of time, physically navigate uneven terrain and stairs, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and be willing to work some evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Annual TB test is required.
- All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check and drug test.
- Required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (may be in certain back of house Animal areas where this is required).
- A valid driver’s license is required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.