Tour Guide Team – Part Time – Ruby Falls – Chattanooga
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OLD TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
Tour guides are responsible for providing tours of the Ruby Falls Cavern. Tour guides are tasked with making guests feel welcomed following the principles of Give ‘Em the Pickle Customer Service, while also observing established safety procedures and guidelines, operating the elevator as assigned, helping maintain the cleanliness of the facility, and completing additional assigned tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Speak in front of at least 40 unknown persons and effectively deliver messages through verbal and non-verbal methods.
- Effectively communicate with people of all backgrounds and ages.
- Give 60-80 minutes tours following established procedures.
- Answering guest questions, giving directions, greeting warmly while following the Give ‘Em the Pickle service guidelines.
- Load the tour and operate the elevator, as assigned, between tours.
- Effectively communicate with Admissions team, maintenance, and management regarding areas of concern.
- Be aware of emergency procedures and respond appropriately in the event of an incident/accident.
- Help maintain cleanliness of facilities.
- Remain upbeat and positive.
- Provide friendly customer service which meets the company’s expectations.
- Conduct restroom checks as needed.
- Other assignments assigned as needed.
- Walk up to 5 miles
- Ability to use hands and fingers to press, grab
- Navigate low-light and uneven cave pathways
- Stand (up to 5 hours)
- Lift/Carry up to 40 pounds
Educational and Other Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to speak and communicate effectively with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to read, interpret, and respond to necessary documents.
- Ability to work with minimum amount of supervision.
To apply for this job please visit rubyfalls.efficientapply.com.