Regional Account Manager – Sports Travel
An exciting opportunity for a Regional Account Manager has become available within our Edwin Doran Sports Tours Sales team!
Working with education establishments and sports clubs, you will be responsible for promoting, selling and account managing the full product range of sports tours to destinations around the world for the UK’s leading sports tours brands. Operating across the globe, we are passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers and our high level of customer service and satisfaction.
Our Experience Education business incorporates our fantastic brands, SkiBound, Travelbound, Edwin Doran & Masterclass, World Challenge and JCA Adventure. The EE division is part of the Travelopia Group, a KKR owned company, and is a leading provider of educational travel – offering a wide range of experiences for students in the UK and Australia: from ski and adventure breaks to international travel supporting core curriculum subjects, sports tours and expeditions to places near and far.
What you will be doing
- Proactively engaging with customers via telephone, email and/or video calls
- Developing, growing and leading your own sales pipeline by delivering excellent customer service to repeat bookers and new enquiries, handling all aspects of the booking to deliver a flawless, personalised service
- Converting direct, business to business and marketing generated enquiries to sales and initiating follow-up procedures to ensure successful conversions
- Accurately using our HubSpot CRM system, creating and updating new customers, opportunities, maintaining hotlists and favourite lists
- Using our inhouse reservation and quote presentation systems to prepare quotes for customer enquiries
- Handling sales challenges to successfully generate maximum revenue, margin and volume in line with individual and team targets
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers
- Working as part the Experience Education team to deliver cross-sell opportunities to develop incremental growth across our brands
- Maintaining up-to-date information relating to current campaigns, special offers, operational changes, product updates and competitor products
- Supporting new product development projects and market research
- Implementing new business development activity, capturing market information via social media and websites to identify decision makers for tours
What we are looking for
- Previous targeted sales experience
- Enjoy working as part of a team and on your own initiative with a desire to succeed
- Ability to work to and achieve set sales targets
- Organised and can prioritise your work throughout the day
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Good attention to detail
- Provide and demonstrate excellent customer relations skills to clients and colleagues
- Travel industry experience
- Previous sales experience in the school sports travel market
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Experience using a CRM system to check on leads and sales (ideally HubSpot)
- A passion for sport and/or travel
Benefits and working hours
- 37.5 hours per week
- Competitive basic salary plus commission, plus bonus for 2023
- Role can be worked remotely (depending on experience, some training may be needed in our Brighton office)
- 25 days annual leave (+8 bank holidays), increasing through length of service and with the option to buy extra through salary sacrifice
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- Opportunity to travel abroad in your role
- Various employee benefits, discounts and offers – including travel across all of the Travelopia brands
- Opportunities for individual development and career progression
We believe people are happier and perform best when they are able to be their true self, and that diverse teams deliver better results.
Together we will cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone can flourish. We are committed to driving change through increasing awareness of, and counteracting, unconscious bias; building an inclusive culture, and embracing diversity in all its dimensions.
If you have a passion for sport, travel, or sales then this is the role for you! We offer a competitive salary and generous commission scheme!
To apply for this job please visit careers.travelopia.com.