Security Supervisor- Tampa Museum of Art – PuzzleHR – Tampa
PuzzleHR is a premier HR service provider recruiting for this position on behalf of Tampa Museum of Art
Now Hiring! Security Supervisor
Location: Tampa, FL
Total Compensation package: Paid insurance, Paid holidays, Paid sick/vacation time, 401K with company match. Compensation is $40,000 annually
The Museum Security Supervisor assists in managing the overall security operations of a museum. The nature of the work requires some sustained physical effort involving considerable standing and walking for extended periods of time. Under direct supervision of the Museum Security Manager supervises subcontracted staff who provide security and perform other duties for the museum as required. As directed, provides training and scheduling of subcontracted staff and oversight of Museum security needs.
This is a full-time position requiring weekends, evenings, and holidays.
What You Will be Doing:
- Assures the safety of museum patrons and to prevent loss or damage to art exhibits and the
- Under direct supervision, performs walk-throughs of public areas to ensure cleanliness and the availability of informational materials (i.e., rack cards, brochures, gallery guides, etc.).
- Observes and inspects subcontracted guards and their assigned areas to assure compliance with established policies and procedures and the maintenance of professional standards; monitors and evaluates performance; carries out transition procedures between shifts; assists in incident resolution as needed; provides ongoing employee training.
- In the absence of Security Manager, is the on-site security lead and works in the absence of designated personnel in emergency situations.
- Communicates to appropriate management regarding maintenance and security conditions in the museum using various computer programs.
- Resolves complaints and provides back up support to guards during incidents where supervisory intervention is necessary; responds to staff and museum patrons’ requests for information in a manner consistent with the museum’s standards for customer service maintaining good public relations.
- Ensures the safety and security of the Museum, their property, staff, volunteers, visitors, and works of art. Consults regularly with other Museum colleagues and industry professionals on
- With Security Manager, coordinates day-to-day operations in a manner which ensures the safety of the public and the protection of works of art.
- With Security Manager, works with the exhibitions staff to ensure the security of shipments and receipt of works of art.
- Conducts or participates in security, fire, safety, and health inspections and
- Under direct supervision, conducts thorough investigation and reporting of all accidents, injuries, fires, property theft or damage, and other incidents at the Museum. Ensures that all records and reports are properly distributed and archived.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
facility: assists in securing museum exhibits and facilities, including serving a museum guard post as needed.
specific needs in relation to security operations.
surveys/assessments. Advises Museum administration on “best practices” and other issues and recommends appropriate or corrective action.
What You Will Need:
- 2 years verifiable security experience required.
- 2 years of verifiable experience supervising security guards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General techniques and practices for public safety.
- Preventing loss or damage to museum exhibits and facilities.
- General practices relating to the oversight of security operations.
- First aid and CPR.
- Surveillance systems.
- Fire systems monitoring and use of fire extinguishers.
- Electronic alarm systems.
- Emergency evacuation plans.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.