At Expedia Group (EG), we are revolutionizing travel through technology. Every second of every day, we send travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the travel evolution landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
The Reservation team is responsible for booking and servicing reservations originating from all point of sales in EG. The platform is developed on a microservices architecture and runs in the cloud maximizing Amazon Web Services. This role will be contributing to our key initiative to make the reservation platform easily extensible for product servicing as well as ensuring it is a highly scalable and resilient platform.
Are you a Technical Program Manager with a drive for technology and delivery? A self-starter, looking for your next big challenge? Then we would like you to join our team! Bring your experience, team building skills, and your dream to be the best, and join us as we continue to reinvent travel! Help us define and drive new features for our award-winning family of interactive travel products. Beyond travel perks and other competitive benefits, you can walk away from work every single day knowing you truly made an impact. You can build a new feature that goes on the live site or programs that simplify our backend search and supply processes. This and more can be achieved, all while working alongside thoughtful, hardworking, technical people who love travel to their core.
- Distill business requirements to resolve project scope, translating project objectives into features, driving projects through development and launch, and monitoring post-launch improvements across teams
- Coordinate cross-team solutions, welcoming varied perspectives, to develop solutions to issues
- Articulate technical design decisions from the team and describe software implementation in technical forums
- Assist with, and track, project and testing activities along with your team
- Work with various internal teams and tech leaders to build road maps for each of the Phases and enable delivery
- We are looking for someone with technology background, this is important to a technical product manager’s success, but here at Expedia we also look for people who are passionate about applying their knowledge to address sophisticated business issues
- Experience working in multi-functional teams consisting of Program Managers, Product Managers, Developers, and business owners
- Prior experience as a business or process analyst and a developer is a plus
- Ability to understand the needs of Expedia Group, the customer, the supplier, and the implications on the underlying technology, and be able to translate these needs into new services
- Ability to build a deep knowledge of the entire Reservations Servicing Platform and relevant dependencies
- Passion to make things better at every opportunity
- Have several years of large-scale e-commerce experience and an exposure to Service Oriented Architectures
- Deep understanding of technical platforms, and internal and party API interfaces
- Excellent verbal, communication, relationship, and engagement skills
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Solid understanding of software development processes
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Analysis and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working with development methodologies, e.g., Agile and SCRUM, and process workflow across organizations
- High degree of competency in all phases of project management, including issue and risk identification and management; change management; tracking dependencies and achievements; and communicating overall project status
The total cash range for this position in Seattle is $128,500.00 to $180,000.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $205,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role. Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future. Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits .
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™. © 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs . Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.