Tourism/Sports Marketing.Secretary IV.4035 – Polk County Board of County Commissioners – Auburndale
Pay Range: $18.08/hr. – $26.95/hr. ($37,606.40 – $56,056.00/annually)
Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (40 Hours/Week)
Location: 2701 Lake Myrtle Park Road, Auburndale, FL 33823
Health Benefits Package, Including Paid Holidays
Must have the physical, developmental and metal ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
Will include many if not all of the following:
- Administrative support and secretarial work for the Director of Tourism/Sports Marketing, assisting in office management and supervising other office personnel with work assignments, which follows the established procedures, practices, and policies of the office using personal computers and other general office equipment.
- Acts as personal assistant to the Director by independently planning, initiating and carrying to completion various administrative duties and independently follows up or processes project information, meetings, or actions including secretarial and related program/work duties.
- Independently drafts, prepares, proofreads, types, processes and/or researches forms, memoranda, letters, records, reports, summaries, and other related office material using word processing and other software utilized by the work unit.
- Assembles Tourist Development Council and Subcommittee agendas and related material for meetings, conferences, and other related work unit needs/requirements.
- Posts data, fiscal information or other record keeping information either by written notation, or by entering such information into personal computer database systems.
- Reviews statements, and ensures that fiscal matters, reports, statements and purchase orders are calculated and extended correctly.
- Deals with the public, other employees or officials via telephone or in person guiding them according to the Division’s established procedures, providing information and responding to inquiries as directed or trained by supervisor.
- Maintains and schedules appointment calendar, advising others of appointments and meetings.
- Takes and transcribes dictation and/or meeting minutes when required by the assigned unit/office.
- Handles routine mail duties.
- Makes necessary travel arrangements; secures and provides tickets and other reservation materials and finalizes schedule itinerary.
- May supervise and direct the work of others as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of business English, punctuation, spelling and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures and record keeping methods. Ability to work independently and adhere to prescribed routines and practices.
- Ability to prepare and draft routine documents; compose business letters, memoranda and other related program materials.
- Ability to relieve supervisor of administrative matters in a prescribed manner as assigned.
- Ability to make mathematical computations and tabulations accurately and with reasonable speed.
- Ability to meet and deal courteously and work effectively with employees, officials and the public.
- Ability to use personal computers, related software and other office equipment utilized by the work unit.
- Ability to operate and provide general care and maintenance of office machines and equipment.
- Skill in typing at a prescribed rate of speed.
- Ability to take and transcribe dictation should it be required.
- Ability to oversee the work of others when assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma and have a minimum of five (5) years secretarial or clerical work experience.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 55 CWPM with a maximum of 10 errors.
- Must be able to utilize all features afforded by word processing and other required software and personal computers utilized by the assigned work unit.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of employment within this classification should it be required of the work unit.
- A comparable amount of related experience and training may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.
To apply for this job please visit fa-eqpz-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.