Living Shores Aquarium- Animal Care Professional – Palace Entertainment –
Living Shores Aquarium, located at Story Land in Glen, NH is an indoor walk through adventure that allows the whole family to discoverthe wonders of the ocean. See otters, touch sting rays, interact with tropicalbirds and so much more! Learn about the widespread oceans and native NewEngland Lakes in a fun, interactive environment.
This is a year- round facility!
Living Shores Aquarium
Animal Care Professional
To maintain the daily health, welfare, and enrichment of assigned animal department. You will need to ensure all activities are in alignment with Company policies and guidelines, all relevant laws and regulations, safety standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Engage with the facility guests at exhibits, keeper talks, training demonstrations and/or shows.
- Promote guest engagement through interaction with guests during both formal and informal discussions.
- General husbandry and care of assigned animals, including preparing and distributing approved animal diets.
- Close observation of animal behaviors with a particular focus on appropriate appetite, mobility and waste production to monitor health of animals.
- Assist in animal procedures including, but not limited to, translocations, veterinary procedures and crating.
- Propose and perform species-specific enrichment.
- Maintain detailed daily records on assigned animals and Assist in facility record keeping
- Knowledge and adherence of safety policies and procedures in regards to the use of facility equipment, materials, chemicals and vehicles.
- Inspect, clean and maintain both exhibit and off-exhibit areas.
- Report animal illness, maintenance, safety, horticulture or other needs to appropriate staff.
- Train subordinate co-workers on intermediate procedures.
- Age 16 or older
- Education, previous employment or internship with Marine Biology, Zoology or related field required. Depth and breadth of applicable experience is critical.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely with a wide range of diverse personnel and guests. Excellent presentation skills are essential.
- Define and diagnose problems, research and collect data, draw valid conclusions and execute remedial strategies in a timely manner.
- Prioritize and address multiple challenges simultaneously; maintain a flexible personal work schedule to meet changing demands.
- Take initiative and execute plans to accomplish strategic objectives in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Physical demands include ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, and ability to perform physical inspections of the facility and all exhibits. This may include frequent bending, stooping, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Open Water Scuba Certification, First Aid, AED and Oxygen certification preferred.
- This position is hourly, full time year round benefitted position.
- This position is over time eligible.
- Receive employee discount: 50% off food, 25% of retail, free season pass to Story Land and Living Shores Aquarium valid during length of employment.
- Receive friends and family day passes
This position is full time year round. Benefits begin on the 1st of the month after the day you’re hired. We offer medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, along with a 401k after 1 year of employment. Full time team members also receive paid time off; 10 sick days, 10 vacation, and 10 holidays per calendar year.
- Job Family AQUATICS/ANIMALS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Some College
- Job Start Date Tuesday, August 30, 2022
To apply for this job please visit us62e2.dayforcehcm.com.