Living Shores Aquarium- Education and Group Coordinator – Palace Entertainment –
Living Shores Aquarium, located at Story Land in Glen, NH is an indoor walk through adventure that allows the whole family to discover the wonders of the ocean. Are you passionate about the environment and saving all of it’s beloved creatures? The goal of our Education & Group Coordinator is to do just that! The Education & Group coordinator will have the opportunity to create and implement a curriculum that they are passionate about, a curriculum that they can then teach to our team members as well as the youth of our community. See otters, touch sting rays, interact with tropical birds and so much more! Teach about the widespread oceans and native New England Lakes in a fun, interactive environment
Education & Group Coordinator
To serve as a leader within the building, to develop and present education programs and presentations to guests both on and off site. Initiate contact with local schools, daycares, and other assorted organizations to generate group sales. Follow established guidelines to ensure content accuracy and proper care for use of Education materials and animals.
Roles & Responsibilities
• This position supervises part time floor staff employees and is responsible for aspects of personnel management including scheduling, staffing and training in conjunction with Aquarium manager
• Initiate, facilitate and teach education programs including Family/Public programs, School Programs, guided tours, Volunteer and Teacher Programs.
• Organize, supervise and oversee school and education programs/groups
• Develop curriculum and content materials for all education programs offered on and off the facility; including the order/purchase of teaching tools and materials within budget guidelines and with proper authorization.
• Maintain and care for education department supplies and Library.
• Assist with the care of Education Program animals, including but not limited to spiders, snakes, and ect.
• Education, previous experience or internship with Biology, Zoology or related field preferred or equivalent specialized training. Depth and breadth of applicable experience is critical
• At least 1 to 2 years of experience in teaching in an informal or formal education setting.
• The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively with a wide range of diverse personnel and guests. Excellent presentation skills are essential in front of large groups, varying demographics and on camera.
• Physical demands include ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, frequent bending, stooping, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Age 18 or older.
• Open water scuba certification preferred, but not required.
• First Aid and AED, preferred. Training available.
• This position is hourly, full time year round benefitted position.
• This position is over time eligible.
• Receive employee discount: 50% off food, 20% off retail, free season pass to Story Land and Living Shores Aquarium valid during length of employment
• Receive friends and family day passes
- Job Family AQUATICS/ANIMALS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Some College
- Job Start Date Monday, August 15, 2022
To apply for this job please visit us62e2.dayforcehcm.com.