PT- Museum Education & Public Programs Intern – Union Station – Ogden City Corporation – Ogden
PART- TIME MUSEUM EDUCATION & PUBLIC PROGRAMS INTERN – UNION STATION
$14.00 Hourly , up to 20 hours per week – not eligible for benefits
The Museums at Union Station celebrates and interprets the city, educating the public about its distinctive character, especially its heritage of diversity, opportunity, and perpetual transformation. The Museum seeks a Digital Projects Intern as an apprenticeship under the Museum Curator. The role is a researcher, storyteller, and project manager all in one, and helps with the expansion and awareness of the Museums at Union Station’s brand and digital footprint by identifying, curating, and marketing our exhibitions and collections in digital applications (apps, online channels) that reaches both our on-site visitors and digital community.
The Digital Projects Intern will explore the Museum’s collection for related materials and work with the museum team to assist in the design and facilitation of programs that are relevant to school, family, and community populations in Ogden. These will include: MUS Live, Ogden Kids Create, OC Tot programs, interpretive programming including exhibitions guides, tour, outreach community programs, and experiential and historic education. A current Marketing, Communications, History or Museum Studies Bachelor candidate with an excellent grasp of technology.
- Research numerous Museum exhibition topics, including within exhibition background research and the Museum collection, working with collections team to identify important Museum items to highlight exhibitions and intellectual property
- Regularly liaise with curatorial teams in the research and writing process to align storytelling with goals and philosophy of exhibition
- Identify themes and write engaging copy for our lesson and public programs plans
- Curate accompanying images, video, and sound for each digital story (where applicable)
- Work with exhibition team to design on-site and offline experiences
- Collaborate with partner development teams to build out stories within applications
- Research and identify new digital extensions for the Museum to consider
- Support design of on-site signage and collateral
- Proven interest in storytelling and interpreting history for a general audience
- Experience working with digital products or exhibition design is highly desirable
- Superb written communication skills with experience writing in a pithy and engaging style
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ease with collaborating across multiple departments
- Strong project management skills with a high level or organization and attention to detail
To apply for this job please visit Ogdencity.applicantpro.com.